
Yes, I am posting twice in one day...So Sarah will get off my back! :) My friend, Jackie, had a baby today and she chose for some crazy reason to go to this hospital an hour and a half away in booneyville. I was planning to go up to the hospital by myself tonight and Michael was going to be in charge of the kiddos. Well, as it got closer to my leaving, we both got a little nervous about me driving in the dark on country roads that I have never been on before. I tried calling several friends to see if they wanted to ride with me, but they were all busy and couldn't give up three hours in an evening for just driving time. Michael decided that it would be best if our whole family went so he could drive for me.....oh my word.....my nice quiet evening turned into mayhem quickly. I told him that if they came, they couldn't come up to the room until I was about to leave because that isn't fair to a new mom to show up with a family of six crazy people in one small hospital room. To make a long evening sound short, Bryant and Mackenzie did great. Bryce on the other hand, only cried for half of the trip (each way) and Madyson, well, she has hated her car seat since the day she came home from the hospital. As long as I was shoveling food into her mouth, she was ok. But that only lasted for about a half an hour, then she just started screaming and crying. Needless to say, both Michael and I commented that we are dreading even more our upcoming holiday trips. I have to remind myself that no matter how crazy it is inside our van, we are still going down the road and gradually getting closer to stopping. After holding baby Hayden, Mackenzie is full of questions now. The biggest one being, "How did he get out?" Oh dear! She saw Aunt Michelle's C-section video so I was hoping to get by with, "Sometimes they cut your tummy and take the baby out." But she kept asking how Madyson and Hayden came out. I kept dodging it tonight, but I'm afraid of what she is dreaming about right now! :)
PS
10 comments:
Isn't travel with children fun? When I only had three I would tkae the 1100 mile trek hom by myself routinely! I was insane. By the time I would arrive at my destination, I looked stunned and was drooling! We are headed on that trip for Christmas and I am terrified! I don't know if there are enough DVDs to make it possible. Also, the baby isn't exactly a TV watcher.
Aren't you glad that michael wanted to take care of you though? What a good hubby!
About the baby thing... We have been there. It isn't fun, IMO! I haven't had to have the whole discussion, but it is very close to happening. I am scared.
Have a good day! I have enjoyed you blog. I think we are in the same crazy boat.
Tancy
BTW... Your daughter looks JUST LIKE YOU. It is amazing.
Yes, Tancy, I think we are in the same boat :) But I can't imagine traveling 1100 miles. I got on your blog and your kids are adorable.
Yes, I am so glad that Michael wanted to take care of me. I'm sure that he was probably regretting that by the end of the evening :) Yesterday morning, before he left for school, I said, "Hey, do you remember Tancy from college?" He looked at me with a very strange look like I was insane :) Then he said, "Of course I do! We go back to our Rockford days." He said to tell you "hi."
And, yes, sad to say, Mackenzie does look just like me. The worst part is that she acts just like me too! At times, her airhead ways can drive her daddy crazy. I just have to remind him that he chose to marry me and he had to have assumed that he could possibly have a child like me!! :)
Keep up the good work homeschooling. I am always impressed with moms that can teach their children. I can't imagine juggling that huge ball!
Is that Mackenzie, or really you? Oh my word! The exact replica! She is adorable. When I was pregnant with Chloe, I also had to answer those questions about how the baby comes out, and they weren't satisfied with the answer "God has a special way"! Let me know if you come up with a good answer!
What a sweet little "mommy"! Sounds like great fun hauling the whole gang!! It was kind of Mike to drive for you-he was just afraid of what might happen to his van if he didn't!:) Hard to tell what you might do on unfamiliar roads in the dark-yikes! Love you! Hugs, Michelle
God once again had everything planned for us...earlier in the day, our DVD for the van (like yours) arrived at the front door. The older two were very excited about watching DVDs -- that was a life saver for them!
We are earnestly looking into a DVD player for our van also. Although, the 6 hr. plane ride out to my family's will not be helped by that. :-) Then we just drink some nice medicine, and every one is much happier.....! (Although Elise's medicine wore off after an hour and then she was insane.)
P.S. I am glad to see such long, informative posts. It makes my blog reading more exciting. Thank you Danielle! :-)
Hey Sarah! If you are interested, I can email you the info on the one that we just got. It also has a 3 hour battery so you could take it on the plane :) My sister and Scott are the ones who told us about it. It is a definite help
Okay...not to get into trouble with the law, but Children's Benadryl has known to work wonders on traveling children...not that I would have ever given the twins medicine on a road trip when they were healthy.....G
Ha, G-knee! You are hilarious. Yes, lest anyone unknown to me is reading my comments, I do not want them to think I drug my children consistently! :-)
Danielle, you can send me the info if you have time. We may not buy one before this trip, but it would be nice to have in the future.
When are you guys coming up here for Christmas?
G-knee: Oh my, I would not have four children now if it wasn't for Children's Benedryl. As soon as Madyson turned 6 mos, I started giving it to her before bed to help us both get a little more sleep. I can't count the times I have asked the pediatrician, "Are you sure she can't get addicted to Benedryl?" Be assured, I won't leave home without it! :)
Sarah: I'll email you the info. We are coming up Christmas Day morning and leaving Thurs. It will be a short visit...will you be there during that time at all?
Post a Comment