Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Christian Bond


This weekend we are hosting the MAACS Regional Volleyball Tournament here at TriCity. I was so excited to hear that Woodcrest soccer and volleyball teams were coming down to compete. I was even more excited to hear that my mom was riding down with one of the families coming from MN. We had a great time seeing all of the "Woodcrusties" as G-knee refers to them/us. The games were finished a little earlier than normal last night, so we invited the Woodcrest volleyball team to join our volleyball team over at our house for some pizza and games. I think the girls were a little nervous about making new friends and having to make small talk with each other. They all did a great job and we had such a fun time. After pizza, we moved our living room furniture and had some mixer type games. It was so fun to watch the girls scream and laugh together, forgetting about any competition between schools. At 10:30, the coaches finally had to step in and make the girls go home! :) After they left, we looked out the window and saw them hugging each other before they all left. It is so neat to see the bond that is among Christians. It was a great reminder for the girls (and us adults!) that our Christian life goes way beyond any competition. By the way, the girls will play each other in the championship game today. TC beat WBA in the pool play round, but it was a close competition...so it should be an exciting game today. I decided to post this before the game, so I wouldn't have my sweet Woodcrustie friends praying for a WBA victory! :)

PS - the guy in the middle of the picture is NOT Michael, he may be grey, but he is definitely not going bald!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - especially love the comment about the guy in the middle not being Michael! Ohh...I wish I could travel more on the weekends. I would have loved to have seen the Woodcrusties! I need to go back home some weekend!

Anonymous said...

PS - love ya! You are so hospital!!

Jill said...

As a fellow Woodcrustie, it was fun to hear about your evening! I wish I could've been there too! Who were the coaches that were with them? Actually, I was studying your picture to get a glimpse of what your new house looks like! It looks beautiful!

So, who won the game?

SturgillMom said...

Hey girls! There were tons of fans and coaches that came. I didn't know several of the parents. My mom rode down with Gary and Kathy King. Some of the others were: Diane Sobcinski, Rhonda Harmon, Dawn Larson, Heather Poorman, Mrs. Fredricks, Bruce and Kathy Cournoyer, Mr. Isaacs, and his assistant Miss. Dicks. Well...I hate to say it, but WBA won:( BOOHOO! Part of the joys of coaching girls is that you can never predict what they are going to do...our girls never showed up for the game. The score was close all the way to the end - a definite nail biter! Mr. Isaacs even admitted that our girls weren't playing their normal and that he was surprised that WBA won. BUT, that didn't make my husband feel any better! It was neat to see both teams afterwards. They were hugging each other and they got in a big circle and our captain prayed. It was pretty cool...inspite of the fact that we lost!

2Icecubed said...

What a neat opportunity for the girls to get together at your house. That is what it is truly all about, but we often lose that in the heat of the competition. Sorry you guys lost-mom said she just was quiet and didn't cheer much during the game, but she did wear her RED sweater! Ha!Ha! She said your kids didn't understand that. She had to keep peace until she got her ride back home at least!

Anonymous said...

okay Danielle - totally cracked up at your comment on Jill's blog about how Michael says you ask too many questions during a game. . . funny...I can picture the whole senario in my mind, very vividly. HA!

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle- don't know if you remember me or not...I was Sara Fosmark- at MBBC. I enjoyed looking at your blog. I saw it on G-knee's site. I just started one too- it is fun to see what everyone is up to! Your kids are VERY CUTE!!

Sarah said...

O.K. Danielle, I will give you several days since you have 4 kids and are crazy busy--but then I expect a new post! :-) I am getting bored....

SturgillMom said...

Nice Sarah! Actually, Michael was gone all this past week so I was at home doing nothing exciting...thus, nothing worthy of a picture! I'll work on it. BUT, I do believe that you were the one who asked for me to try to post once a month -- wasn't that you :) Just teasing you!

Sarah said...

Oh, no--I believe in "frequent posting"....if I said once a month, I was wrong. :-)
Did you see Josh while he was down in your wonderful city? I wish I could have come with him--we could have had a party since Michael was gone!!!

SturgillMom said...

I didn't get to see Josh. Was he here for the Educator's Convention? Michael was in CO during the convention, so I didn't go up to the hotel at all. BUT, I am game for a party of any sort:) FYI - I am on the lookout for any picture opportunities, so I can post!

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle,
I don't know if you remember me either, but you were my dorm sup a long time ago. It seems like a different lifetime. I thought I would pop on and say hi. Make sure you tell Michael that I said HI too. I saw his dad at alumni weekend and heard all about your sweet and growing family. They have so many YOUNG grandchildren! WOW. Your children are adorable!

Tancy

SturgillMom said...

Tancy, of course I remember you! I read Sarah's blog and wondered if "Tancy" was you?! How are you? You make me feel SO old when you say I was your dorm sup a LONG time ago!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I feel old thinking how long ago it truly was! Was it ten years ago??? I don't remember which year it was. They all run together LOL! It is good to talk to you again!
Tancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle- I just had to come by and say that I too am getting bored looking at that guys back!!! just joking...I know you are busy! you must actually clean your house instead of sit on your couch reading other people's blogs!!