Thursday, February 21, 2008

Grandma's visit



Grandma Sturgill came on Saturday for a little visit since Michael and the kids' basketball trip got cancelled from bad weather a couple weeks ago. She actually just left this morning (on icy roads, I might add!) so I thought I would post a few pictures of our time together. She is going to be exhausted when she gets home because she played non-stop with the kids. Madyson and Makayla have horrible colds so they were quite the bears to be with, but we had a bunch of fun in spite of their runny noses.

8 comments:

sara said...

That one of your three girls reading is so PRECIOUS! Looks like such a happy family!

Oh and I am glad that was clash day, I was a little worried! :)

Ann-Marie said...

I think all the exhaustion in the world wouldn't stop Aunt Jan from enjoying her adorable grandkids. She's so proud of all of them, Danielle! I know she misses all of you, so I'm sure it was a most welcome and wonderful time!

P.S. - She's an awfully good aunt, so I imagine she's a phenomenal Grandma!

Jody said...

I sure hope your mom made it home safe on the icy roads,,,we sure didn't. We got rear-ended Sunday night heading back to NE. and are still at the hotel in Albert Lea. Thanks to good old mom though we are getting a ride back to NE tomorrow from her. Moms are the greatest!!!!!! By the way, you sure do have a nice looking family

Juliet said...

Jan called me this morning. I didn't know who she was at first..her voice was so deep..I think she got a cold. But she said she would be okay.

She had such a good time with everyone. But she did say I would not have liked the ride home..yes they did have ice..but did okay.

I still can't believe how big (and I not talking about weight) Makayla is getting.

Take care and thanks for all those photos. Love, Aunt Juliet

The Beard Bunch said...

Love the pictures. I talked to mom today and she was glad to be home, but still LOVES getting away to see those 5 precious grandkids. The only thing at home is dad, but he takes pretty high priority :) I agree that the picture of Mackenzie reading to the other two girls is so precious---that will be a fun picture to scrap!

Forever For Evie said...

Cute pictures with Grandma!! I just love Makayla's sweet smile! It was good running into you again :) All of your kids are precious! I hope they start feeling better!!

Forever For Evie said...

The scrapbooking program was $30 at Target and you can print out the pages or put them on a cd. I love it!

mom2mine said...

I was a little worried when the first picture I saw was mike on Clash day. I was really thinking..Wow has he let himself go! Are we that old?

I was VERY relieved to see the clash day notation :)

glad you had fun with grandma!