Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine boxes


I just love Valentine's Day! It seems like it is the one holiday that I don't feel a little guilty about buying all the candy and fun stuff. I'm not saying that I don't do it, but it just feels a little wrong to be buying candy and stuff to celebrate Easter, Christmas, Halloween, etc. This is the first year that Bryant had to decorate a box for school and I have to say that it is a little harder making a "boy" box. I thought of this idea, so we ventured out to the dollar store to see what they had. I liked the idea of two soccer goals because they came with these tiny little finger shoes and two little balls. Well, Bryant obviously won because he wanted the basketball theme :) We made the top out of popsicle sticks that Michael cut, stained, and shined to make look like a basketball floor. Bryant is pretty pleased with his box, even thought it doesn't look too "valentiney."

13 comments:

sara said...

That is so cute, and creative!

Anonymous said...

Too, cool!! I love Valentine's Day! Gramma

2Icecubed said...

I love it too!! Cool box, Bryant. My boys would love to have that. I was glad we could send ours to school this year to decorate in art!!=) I am so not creative!

Ann-Marie said...

That is a really great V-Day box, Danielle. I don't think I've ever seen such a nice box - much nicer than the macaroni glued shoe boxes from our past. Way to go, Bryant (and creative mom!).

Stephanie said...

That is one awesome box! My basketball player would love it.
We are thick in Upward here too and Elijah is about to drive me crazy with all his practicing (we have one of those adjustable hoops)
He comes home from school and puts on his uniform and starts playing.
Have a great Valentine's Day. It is one of my favorite holidays because it is just so fun to get ready for.

MommaHarms said...

Very Cute!

Kelly said...

Dani, that was so creative! I am very impressed. I got the Borden girls to come to my house and help the boys decorate theirs. I am trying to pack but we have been hit with the stomach flu. You will be happy to know that I have moved from the looking at everything as you put it in a box stage. I am just stuffing things now! :)

Jill said...

Very cute. I got a laugh out of how much work Michael put into the basketball floor. Paul would do that too - once he gets an idea into his head, there's no turning back!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful box ! Keep up the good work Bryant !Happy late birthday. I know you were 8 on the 3rd of this month ! I want to come and see you one day !
Love you and Happy Valentine's Day Here in France it is already 6.30 PM and Anna and I are going to eat supper soon. But it is only about noon in your part of the world . Can you find France on the map ? You are probably having lunch since the time difference is 7-8 hours about.
Love you Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Cool! What a fun idea for a Valentines box. I really like the wood court...clever!

Juliet said...

Sounds like a great family project. It sure turned out great! Happy Valentine's Day to you all. Love you, Aunt Juliet

Mommy Scroggie said...

Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Very creative on the box! nice idea! Thankfully our girls decorated their bags during art time!