Monday, February 04, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday, Bryant!!!




I just can't believe that my firstborn is EIGHT years old....I'm sure that I can't be old enough to have a child that is eight! Birthdays on Sunday are always hard because they seem to get lost in the shuffle of busyness. We had chili in a bread bowl (Bryant's favorite) for lunch (hey MBBC grads, do you remember chili in a bread bowl at Mug & Muffin in Oconomowoc?!) Then we had two families from church come over to watch the Super Bowl (Go Giants!) after church last night. During half time, we sang to Bryant and had cake and ice cream. Instead of having a party, he chose to have two of his school friends come over and spend the night. It doesn't work in everyone's schedule for a few more weeks, so I'll post pictures of that later. Bryant has been such a joy to us. I sure love my babies, but the older the kids get they just seem to get more and more fun. Bryant is just like his daddy and I just love that. Yesterday afternoon, I walked down into the workshop and there was Bryant and Michael working away on projects. Bryant was sanding the wooden sword that he had made :) They are two peas in a pod!

8 comments:

sara said...

Happy B-day Bryant!

OK this year has gone by really fast- because I can remember the post about his Birthday last year.

I loved Mug N Muffin- and the chili in a bread bowl was the best!

The Beard Bunch said...

Happy Birthday, Bryant! Two good reasons to celebrate in one day---Super Bowl and a birthday. The cake looks good (how much did you eat Danielle?????).

Ann-Marie said...

Happy Birthday, Bryant! Chili sounds delish! Especially with the cold weather. It's nice to know we have another "Michael" in the family!

Juliet said...

Happy Birthday Bryant!! I wished there was someway to e-mail me a piece of that delicious cake!
Love you, Aunt Juliet

2Icecubed said...

Happy birthday, buddy! Hope your day was great! Your cake looks like it was yummy-Costco cake????? They are the best! Yes, Danielle, you definitely have a big Mike and little Mike in your house. Good thing you love him so much or it would be double trouble!!=)
PS. Loved Mug N Muffin!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to your oldest and congrats on Bryce's potty training. We are working on that milestone here as well...

Jill said...

I agree with you Danielle. I love it now that my kids are a little older (loved 'em as babies too!). It's so much fun to see their little personalities develop. I'm impressed with Bryant asking for chili! I loved Mug 'n Muffin in WI! Nothing beat it on a cold winter day!

Happy birthday Bryant!

Anonymous said...

Danielle, Soon you'll be saying :

"I don't feel old enough to have a son 30 years old, married and who has kids ! That means I am a grandma !"

Your turn will come. And you'll still be hugging kids...which I miss..... to some extent !

Courage and Love
Aunt Linda