Sunday, April 13, 2008

Time with Nana and Papa

My parents came to visit for a couple of days this past week. The purpose of their trip was to be here for Grandparent's Day at school. On Wednesday morning, Mackenzie woke up with the stomach flu. She felt miserable the entire time that they were here and she was so sad to miss out on Grandparent's Day. But, she got lots of cuddling and lovin' from Nana and Papa since she wasn't able to go to school. I was very thankful for the extra set of hands to help hold her while I took care of the other kids. Bryant was in school most of the time that they were here, so I don't have any pictures of him. Thanks, mom and dad, for coming down here. It was a much needed time of encouragement and refreshment for us :)

Mackenzie has been a nail biter since she was really little. My mom always has really pretty nails, and she (along with Aunt Juliet!)has been encouraging Mackenzie to quit biting her nails. Mackenzie was SO excited to show my mom that she has stopped biting her nails and even had some "white" to show her. My mom gave Mackenzie a manicure while she was here, and of course, Madyson couldn't be left out!


Madyson soaking her dirty little hands :) She had a little too much fun with the water.


Mackenzie's tummy was really starting to hurt by the end, but she didn't want Nana to stop before the polish.


Papa took Bryce to Home Depot and Wal-Mart while the girls got their nails done :)

4 comments:

Jill said...

I agree, Danielle...your mom does always have pretty nails. That picture of Mackenzie holding up her nails to show your mom looks just like your hands Danielle! You and Mackenzie are "hand twins"! :) Cute pics!

Kelly said...

It was so great to see your parents! I love how Madyson is watching intently while your mom is doing the nails. So cute!! That is so sad about Mackenzie getting sick.

I agree with Jill you guys are "hand twins". I always wanted those nice long fingers!!

Anonymous said...

How fun for your mom to do with the girls! It's always special to be able to spend time with Grandma! Hope Mackenzie is feeling better!

2Icecubed said...

So sorry Mackenzie was sick while Nana and Papa visited! Hope she is on the mend now. It is always a time we all look forward to when they get to visit! I have to agree with the comments above about hand twins, but I think it should be triplets....you have mom's hands and nails. I got stuck with boy hands and nails. Some people get all the luck!:(