Wednesday, April 23, 2008

WooHoo --- I'm out of Jury Duty!!!!

I have finally found a good enough excuse that should get me out of jury duty....stand up and cheer!!! We are moving out of state....do you think that should work?!?! Actually, in all seriousness, I am excited to tell you that God is moving our family to South Carolina. A few months ago we put our house up for sale for various reasons. The day after the sign went in our yard, a pastor from a ministry in South Carolina called Michael because they were looking for a school administrator. To make a long story short, a few weeks ago Michael, Makayla, and I flew down there to visit the ministry. We fell in love with the people right away. When we came home, we really struggled with knowing what God wanted for us. We hadn't been looking to move because we truly love it here. We have precious friends who are like family to us and it is a great place to raise our family. Michael loves teaching and wasn't sure if he was ready to give that up. BUT, God very clearly showed both of us what HE wanted for our family and that is to stretch us and grow us. Although it is bitter-sweet to leave, we are so excited about the new ministry that God is calling us to. If you think of it, please pray for our house to sell. We know that selling a house is nothing to God Almighty and He will sell it in His perfect time. But, we would really like that to be before we leave. :) Michael is starting in SC on July 1st so it will be a busy two months around here. Also, please pray for our kids. Bryant is having the hardest time with this big change, but he is slowly adjusting to the idea. He is so sad to leave his best buddies, but we know that this is God's will for him also. So, all that to say, I am out of jury duty. BUT, I am not going to call sweet Yvonne until the day before we leave because, knowing her the way that I do, I am sure she would find a time to squeeze me in before we leave :)

13 comments:

sara said...

Wow- that is big news! You will practically be our neighbors!

Ann-Marie said...

We'll be praying for you and this big move! Congratulations on the new JOB!!!

Forever For Evie said...

Wow!! I'll be praying for you guys and that the transition will be smooth for you and Michael and the kiddos. Although I'm sure it's really hard to leave friends, God will surely bless you all for following his will. I'll miss seeing you at Walmart :)

Ice-Family said...

Welcome to SC!!! You'll love it down here! It's a great state to love in! Y'all will have to look us up when you get here! Let us know if we can help you in any way!

2Icecubed said...

We are thrilled at what God is doing in the life of your entire family. Know that we are bathing you in prayer as you begin this exciting journey. We are confident God has great things in store for you in SC as He continues to use you as His faithful servants!!! Love you all!

Pastor Adam Love said...

Praying for the family and the transition. Excited for Mike and know he will do a great job.

Juliet said...

South Caroline..here comes Saddie and Aunt Juliet

Seriously, This is a big move but as Christians we know God goes before us, beside us and behind us.

We will be praying for the sell of your beautiful home.

Love you all, Aunt Juliet

Kelly said...

I am so excited for you guys!! It is so neat to see how God has led you all to this decision. I am praying for your house to sell and Bryant to adjust to his new school. Love ya lots!!

Sarah said...

I can't believe it Danielle! I totally know all of the emotions you are going through--I will keep your whole family in prayer.

And you are so hilarious about Yvonne! :-) I hope she remembers you and is justly annoyed!

Stephanie said...

Where in SC? My best friend lives in Taylors (right by Greenville) and her hubby is a teacher at a small Christian school there.
What a bittersweet time for you!
We'll be thinking of you as you prepare.

Jana said...

We will be praying for your house to sell. I know the feeling of wanting your house to sell before you move and knowing God has perfect timing. Congrats on the news!!!

Jill said...

Again, congrats to you and your family! We will be praying also. I think the greatest thing about the move is no jury duty!!!

The Trachs said...

That is so exciting! Is that the same location that Bryan and Angie are at? It sounded really familiar. Well, I will get to see you all one last time then in May (Kim doesn't know I am coming for her little graduation). That will probably be the last time. One more year and Lordwilling we will be in Philly. Moving is hard but exciting too=) Keep me posted