Here are some pictures for our "far away" friends and family so you can better picture where we are at. Now, a better way to "picture" us would be for you to come and VISIT!!!!!
The front entrance to the church and school
The breezeway on the right connects the main building to the high school and daycare building. Our apartment is also in this building...the steps leading down there are on the left of the picture by Mike's truck
The church foyer. The steps on the right lead up to the balcony and the doorway in the middle leads into the auditorium
The auditorium has beautiful stained glass windows...sorry the picture is SO dark -- I couldn't figure out how to turn the auditorium lights on :)
The school office -- Mike's office is on the other side of the far wall
Mike's office
The elementary hallway -- Bryant and Mackenzie's classrooms are down this hallway
The highschool hallway
The daycare hallway -- we have a daycare from 6wks - 3yrs old. Bryce's K4 classroom is also down this hallway
The gymnasium
The "old" playground in our "backyard."
The activity center, Spanish church, and the "new" playground
Thank you all for your sweet comments and for your prayers. We are all doing great. We definitely miss Kansas City and our dear friends there, but we are happy and content being in the middle of God's will. Living in the Prophet's Chamber has been working out much better than we had anticipated. Bedtime and cooking are the most difficult adjustments, but our driveway (parking lot) and "backyard" are the largest we've ever had :) Michael paid for us to join the YMCA for three months so that will be a huge help in entertaining the kids for the next several weeks until school starts. The YMCA here is huge and has a large outdoor Splash Park for the kids....I will take some pictures the next time we go. The biggest adjustment for me is getting used to living in a fish bowl :) The people here are not judgemental at all (at least I don't think so!) but we know that they are watching us. It is really hard to know what we should expect of the kids and what is just normal kid behavior. Several people have invited our family over for various meals and that is quite a sacrifice because there are SO many of us. But, it is also quite chaotic and the kids are not used to eating long meals at homes where there are not any kids. All in all, we are doing good...I have only gotten lost a few times :) The kids have all made several friends (Bryant even spent the night at one boy's home already!) That is a HUGE answer to prayer. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!!!
6 comments:
Thanks for the tour! I think for a principal, Michael's desk should be a bit messier :) Love you all and are praying for your adjustments daily.
Thanks for the pictures! I have been praying for you.
Thanks for all the pictures. You have kept a great attitude.
I just love seeing the buildings and the office that Micheal has.
You do have alot to adjust to...will continue to pray for you.
The photos are nice, thanks for sharing. The church looks very large. I am glad to hear you are adjusting well and the kids are making friends.
It looks like a really nice place! I love the stained glass windows. And...will Mike be wearing a T-shirt to work? 'Cause that WOULD be awesome!
The church looks beautiful! I loved the picture of Bryce plugging his ears. I also think that Mike's desk is way too neat!! :)
Post a Comment