Monday, July 21, 2008

Fun with the Sturgills....the Aaron Sturgills, that is!!!


Aaron, Linda and their four cutie kids came and spent a few days with us this past weekend. It meant so much to us that they would drive 12 hours each way to come and see us. The kids had such a fun time together and really got along well (especially considering our tight quarters!) I cooked some food ahead of time and we were able to use the daycare kitchen to eat in. Sleeping was quite exciting every night, but I am sad to tell you that I forgot to get a picture of the chaos :)





On Saturday, Mike and I celebrated our 11th anniversary. We got to spend the day enjoying the lake with our kids, Aaron's family, and the Tilghmans. The Tilghmans are long time family friends of the Sturgills. We actually got engaged while spending the day on the lake with them in Wisconsin. They moved to Anderson several years ago to be close to their children and now live on Lake Hartwell here. So, they invited us over to spend the day with them on Saturday -- our anniversary. We were ALL so excited. The kids had never swam in a lake before, so it was a little scary at first for them to just jump into dark water and not be able to touch bottom. But, they soon loved it -- even Bryce. Of course, we enjoyed the swimming and the boat, but the best of all was the wave runners :)






Bryant was determined to ski. We were so proud of him when he finally got up. Sorry about the horrible camera work....the boat was rocking and Makayla was pulling at the camera :)

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

7 comments:

sara said...

Cute pictures! I love the one where they are all matching!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bryant! Gramma's never been brave enough to try that! I wish I could have been there to see you all! Gramma

Dramagirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dramagirl said...

Wow! It looks like you had a great time with Aaron's family. What a crew! I'm so glad that you live by the Tilghmans. Please tell them I said hello. They are such dear friends of our family as well. Kristy

Ann-Marie said...

Happy Anniversary, Danielle! I remember when you got married...it was such a beautiful day!

I'm so jealous you got to see the Aaron & Linda Sturgills! It looks like you all had a great time...I can't help but LOVE the matching T-shirts!

Sarah said...

Wow, that is a whole lotta kids! I am glad you were able to have them stay with you--I'm sure it made for some fun memories. ;-)

Happy anniversary! I think you guys are close to ours but you have us beat by a few years.

Keeping you in prayer as you continue to adjust!

Juliet said...

It looks like you got your blogger working..thanks for all those photos.

Loved the video of Bryant water skiing.