Tonight, our church had a big Independence Day Celebration. We started with food, followed by a challenge, games, and then fireworks from the roof of the church.
We had a very special surprise this afternoon....Dr. and Mrs. Ice came for a short visit. They drove 2 hours out of their way to stop in and encourage us. We know that the Lord sent them. It was such an encouragement to talk with, cry with, and pray with two people who totally understand what it is like to uproot a family of 7 and move to a very unfamiliar place. We are fully confident that this is where God wants us, but we feel very overhwhelmed most of the time.
9 comments:
I love the pictures! I love your park. It is cool to have a church get together for the fourth of July. And, fireworks off the roof! By the way, Madyson does not look like she would want to share any of her pretzels with me :( Love ya!
We are really looking forward to coming and seeing you all in a couple of weeks. I'm glad you are getting settled in a little bit at least.
What a great celebration! Is your church big? It seems like a LOT of people! I'm so glad you got encouragement from family - that's the best kind to get! We are praying for you as you get settled and moved in - and we think of you often! Happy 4th!
I think they received a blessing in return!!! One of those hugs you got came from me ya know!! Sure are praying for you! Looks like your church really has a neat celebration for the 4th. The kids look like they were really having fun! Miss you!
Happy 4th of July! Looks like you had a nice celebration at church last night. Bet the kids enjoyed it. I've been following your journey to S. C. and have kept you in my prayers. Take care and hugs to all. Your mom told me how to post, so this is my first!!
AuntE (Eileen)
You spirit about all of this is remarkable. It is wonderful when you can share what your going through with someone that truly understands. I'm glad the Lord sent familiar faces to be a blessing.
Happy 4th! Today is the day. Gary and I will take a nice bike ride. See fireworks in the evening with Ann-Marie and Brett
Thanks once again for all the photos. Our prayers are with each of you. Love, Aunt Juliet
It was nice to catch up on your move after being gone for the past 10 days. Danielle, you have a wonderful spirit of contentment in God's will. I can't wait to hear how He blesses you through this move! Love ya!
God is so good, and brings us encouragement just when we need it!
Looks like you have a nice church to start fitting into--what a fun celebration! Hope the kids continue to make friends and adjust before school starts. And you guys too! :-)
Post a Comment