Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Mackenzie gets Wheels!




Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Mackenzie has been asking for a new bike for quite a while and Michael told her that he would buy her one as soon as she could ride with no training wheels. I didn't think it was possible this summer, but Michael worked with her alot on Saturday. I came home from the store to see her riding with no training wheels. Of course she hadn't forgotten Michael's promise and she made sure to keep reminding him! This morning we got a call from school telling us that school was cancelled -- no, not because of snow :) We have had so much flooding in the area that I guess a water pipe broke and the city that the school is in is under a strict boiling order for all water. So all area schools had to shut down for at least 24 hours. Anyways, Mackenzie came out of her room this morning with a big smile on her face because she had seen Michael's truck still in the driveway. To make a long story short, we all were at the store at 8:30 this morning letting Mackenzie pick out her "big girl" bike. She hasn't gotten off of it since :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

KENZIE; YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!WATCHING THE VIDEO I THOUGHT YOUR BROTHER WAS GOING TO RUN INTO YOU...WE ARE ANXIOUS TO SEE YOUR NEW BIKE, KEEP RIDING, YOU ARE DOING GREAT
LOVE NANA AND PAPA

THAT FROG IS NASTY.....BETTER THAN A SNAKE!!!!

sara said...

Wow- she is cruising! Wes still can't go without the training wheels....but I bet a little motivation like that would work:)

Forever For Evie said...

Good job Mackenzie!! I wish Laney would start riding hers without training wheels...she doesn't even want to try...oh well. Thank God this rain finally stopped. My kids were about to go insane not being able to go outside!

2Icecubed said...

Way to go Kenz!! That is a really cool bike!!! I hope you are an inspiration to Matthew. He is getting really close to taking off himself. I'm sure a new bike would be a nice motivation!! I am SO PROUD of you. Thanks for the video!=0)

Jill said...

Cool bike with STREAMERS!!! She's doing really well riding it! Love that smile on her face!

Stephanie said...

That is great! When is the age that you get them to ride without? Elijah is four? These are the thoughts that don't hit me until I read someone else's child is at that point...
This is why I need my mom friends. My kids would still be in diapers and pacifiers...
Wait, Isaiah still is! :)

Anonymous said...

that is terrif! MAN, she is the spitting image of mommy!

Anonymous said...

Kenz, I am so proud of you. It is amazing how quickly you caught on. That is just another example for your daddy as to how athletic you actually are....just like your mommy (not). Love ya, Papa A

Sarah said...

What a cutie! I remember when I got my first "big girl bike". I just told the girls about it tonight as they went to sleep--they were fascinated that Mommy had ever used training wheels. :-) Good job Mackenzie! Ride up to visit us. :-)

Kelly said...

How can your dad be so cruel about your athletic skills? I am sure you probably learned to ride that quick as well! :)
Tell Kenzie we are so proud of her and the boys can't wait for her to come visit and ride with them.