Friday, July 27, 2007

Permanent Make-up?!?


Thanks to NANA, Bryant has some permanent markers that he is supposed to keep out of reach of little hands. Well, today, he was working intensely on some signs for his bike and Madyson snatched up the brown marker. Let me remind you that it is permanent!!! Just as I made eye contact with her, she quickly swiped it across her face. The funniest part was that she hit her eyebrow right on. From a distance, she looks like she has one thick eyebrow :) I know exactly what her daddy will say, "Well, at least she didn't get it on the carpet or the couch!" Which is true, but, she is going to look a little strange in the nursery on Sunday :)

Then I had to tell you a funny "Sturgill Story." I tried to get a picture of the neighbor's dog, but I didn't quite know how to discreetly get close to snap a good picture. Anyways, before I begin, let me clarify for all of my animal-lover friends (STEPH!) I love dogs...did you hear that, I love dogs!!! But, I do firmly believe that if you have a dog, you are responsible to take care of it and keep it confined to your yard. Well, our neighbors got a dog a few months ago and it is a medium/large sized dog that they keep either in a cage or on a chain. The dog should have a fence so he can run, but I guess that is their problem, not mine. Anyways, the dog frequently gets off the leash and they just let him run all over our neighborhood. Not only does he go to the bathroom in our yard and dig holes in our grass, but he terrifies the kids. Well, on Wednesday morning about 8:30, Mackenzie comes running into the house absolutely histarical. She said that the dog was trying to "get" them. I went outside to find the dog on our front steps barking at the kids. I tried to get him to go home, but he just barked at me. I called Michael on his cell and asked him if he thought it would be rude of me to go and knock on the neighbor's door to have them come and get the dog. He said that if I didn't go, that he was going to come home and tell them to get it. Well, I went over there, but, of course, they didn't answer the door :) I called Michael back and he told me to get his BB gun (is that how you spell it?) OK, I don't know much about guns, so I don't really know how to explain this, but his gun isn't one of those little guns. It is long like a rifle, I think. Anyways, Bryant was SO excited when he saw me getting the gun. Michael told me to have Bryant shoot it because he has better aim than me - ha ha. Well, I was determined to be the one to scare the dog. I cocked it, pointed it towards the dog, and got the giggles. I was imagining one of the neighbors across the street opening their shades and looking out to see a VERY pregnant women in her PJs with a gun aimed at a poor helpless dog. Needless to say, I have no idea where the BB went when I shot it. The dog didn't even flinch! Bryant said, "Mommy give me the gun. You can't aim at all!" So, Bryant shot twice and (purposely) hit the grass right next to the dog. Go figure! The dog's ears perked up and he walked home .... VICTORY! Well, now we have created a maniac. Bryant keeps hoping the dog will come back so he can get the gun out. Later he said, "Daddy, I knew that mommy wouldn't even get close to the dog because she couldn't even hit ME with a waterballoon!"

10 comments:

2Icecubed said...

WHAT A HILARIOUS POST!!!! Isn't that the way it goes? You make eye contact with the little one and they either run or get a death grip on the item they have that they shouldn't!! As far as the dog story...I can just picture the whole scene. I was laughing aloud reading it!! Bryant is right-he has much better aim! Sorry! The story makes you sound like a hillbilly in the hills of Tennessee!:)

sara said...

That is hilarious!!!! LOVE "the" eyebrow!!! You will have to tell the story a hundred times at church. AND the BB gun- I can just picture it!!! Never a dull moment at the Sturgills!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Okay, I can hear your giggle and imagine you trying to scare the dog! Don't worry - my dad used this method to scare various dogs off and on growing up. I'm used to it!:) Funny that your little man was such a great protector!
I like the eyebrow picture. She is a shoe in as a Mary Kay consultant in a future life!

The Beard Bunch said...

The dog story was hilarious. I laughed as I read it, and I can picture you and Bryant and hear Michaels, "You go to the neighbors, or I'll be home to do it!" Did you really go to the neighbors in your pajamas?? As for Bryant, I also thought it would take longer in life when our boys were better than us at stuff, but I guess not. Wesley can already outdo me in several areas. GO Bryant!

Bob Patterson said...

Absolutely hilarious!! That will make a great scrapbook page. I'm sure it was quite a sight with you outside in your pajamas too...wish we had a picture of that!!

Jill said...

Oh, that was soooo funny. I laughed out loud several times! I can just see you there at the front door getting the giggles. We have a dog that roams the neighborhood too, so I guess I'll have to get Noah a BB gun! Love the eyebrow picture too! Have fun at church tomorrow!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Danielle, all I can say is "You are really a piece of work." I guess this is all my fault for not teaching you girls how to shoot a gun. I just read the BB gun story outloud to your mom and I had soooo many tears in my eyes from laughing that I could hardly read the story. You've probably scared the entire neighborhood so badly with your Annie Oakly antics that you won't ever see kids, dogs or women outside again for fear you'll pull a rifle on them. I think Michael had better take you out to an open field and teach you how to shoot if you plan to ever touch that BB gun again!!! Love ya, Dad P.S. Remember, it was your MOTHER who bought the permanent markers!!!! :):):)

Dramagirl said...

Hi, Danielle!

It's Kristy (Carlson) Walker. I've been reading your blog every so often, but now that I have my own I have courage to write. Sara has my link. Your story about the dog is so funny. I just watched "To Kill a Mockingbird" with Gregory Peck and there is a scene in it where Atticus (the father) has to come home and shoot a ravenous dog. It is so dramatic and so sad as you watch the kids eyes get real big as the dog drops. As I was reading your story, that was the picture I had in my mind. Only you with the rifle was a much funnier picture than Gregory Peck. Anyway, looking forward to "catching up" with you. Tell Michael we said hi!

Forever For Evie said...

That is the funniest story ever!! Is Bryant the comedian in the family? :)

Anonymous said...

Dani! Oh my WORD! Hilarious!!! I just don't understand how the strangest craziest things happen to you. I mean...really...pregnant, bb gun, and you're Danielle. Hello? With a gun? I can totally see you just get the giggles at the last minute...very very funny!