Tuesday, August 07, 2007

100 Degree Weather


What do you do when it is 100 degrees outside?!?! I HATE hot weather! I took this picture the other day when it was only 95. Bryant had one piece of gum and he told Mackenzie and Bryce that whichever one could build the best car out of a shoe box, they would get the gum. Well, Bryce will do anything for gum so he was all excited. Mackenzie lasted a couple of minutes and went inside to play with her babies. Obviously Bryce won and completely enjoyed his gum :)

This afternoon, we were going to surprise the kids and take them to Worlds of Fun (an amusement park) since we have been promising them that we would go sometime this summer. Well, Michael got home about 4:00 and he said, "Have you been outside lately?" It was 101 and absolutely NO breeze. He said that it was up to me, but he didn't really feel like paying all of that money to go to Worlds of Fun and have me complain the entire time about being hot! :) Can you even imagine ME complaining?!?!? Well, if you know me at all, I just can't stand heat...especially when I am pregnant. To put it bluntly, I don't sweat, so I just pass out -- not fun! I hated to admit it, but he was right...I would have been miserable to be with. We decided to put it off for a cooler day - like 90 degrees maybe :) Thankfully we hadn't made any promises to the kids, so they didn't even know what they were missing out on. Instead, we had some friends come over for a bonfire. I can just hear you laughing...it was SO hot outside that we decided to sit and cook ourselves by the fire. We did have a fun time together, but as soon as the smores were done, we decided to enjoy the fire from indoors (in the AC.) I took a couple of pictures, but they were too blurry to post - sorry!

This is my other beef...what is up with facebook!!??!!?? I don't even keep up regularly with my blog. I just can't find the time to do all of these computer things (and continue playing my Webkinz games...for the kids, of course.) I totally fought starting a blog, but I have to admit that I am enjoying it now. I guess I want to continue to fight the whole facebook thing. I created an account for Michael because his brother, Aaron, was the one who initially asked us to be a "friend." Well, obviously, Michael has no desire to do the facebook so I am the one accepting "friends" under his name :) I am sure that eventually I will give in to peer pressure, but at least for today, I will continue to fight it! :)

18 comments:

sara said...

I totally agree with you on the facebook thing...I just have not gotten into it. I know it is not true with some people, but it seems like people contact you out of the blue, someone you haven't talked to in years- like they just want another "face" for their book.

Love that picture, your kids seem very creative and inventive.

2Icecubed said...

Bryant, I am impressed by your creativity in coming up with the contest. Way to go Bryce for winning!! As far as the heat, I am with you! Scott has been roofing in this heat and I said the same thing...I would surely pass out up there. Us redheads wither quite easily!! Worlds of fun can wait awhile...otherwise you will hear what we did at Disney the whole time..."I'm so hot!!!" That came from the mom too!:) Give in to facebook, girl, it doesn't take much more time at all. Love you!

2Icecubed said...

P.S. Did you get your box of chocolates from me?

SturgillMom said...

No, MICHAEL got your box of chocolates - hee hee!!! Thanks!

Sturgill said...

I was wanting you to join facebook so that you could see pictures of the family. Now that I have a blog why don't you just close your facebook account. I agree. I have received request from a bunch of people I don't know wanting them to be my friend. As much as i feel loved, it's a bit unnecessary. - Aaron

Jill said...

I've got to say that I actually like Facebook better than blogging. It doesn't take as much time as blogging, which I like. And I can see if anyone has added pics or notes with one click, instead of having to look at everyone's blogs one by one.

Anyway...I agree about the heat! We've been staying inside a lot, and I'm running out of things to do - don't I usually say that in winter???

The Beard Bunch said...

Danielle, I am with you on the Facebook issue. I think our blogs look "much prettier" and the layout is easier to read. I will protest with you as long as you want :) Hey, what are sister-in-laws for????

If you ever get too hot, you can always come visit us!!

2Icecubed said...

I have to agree with Jill on the one click to check everything!! It is very nice and quick! Extra friends/people requests is just a big excuse!!!:) It actually is quite a fun way to catch up with people you haven't seen in a long time. It amazes me the people who know people that you know! As is always said...the Christian circle is very small. Well, that is just my take on it. You have started quite the discussion on the topic though!!

Dramagirl said...

Hey, Danielle! It is hot in Tennessee too! I remember August at MBBC in the dorm was unbearable. I have been persuaded to do blogging (by family & friends) and facebook (by friends & students). I've enjoyed both this summer while I've had time, but I'm sure things will slow down once school starts. We'll see! That is funny that you are having to find Michael's account. Send me an invite! Tell Aaron to check out my blog today I have play pictures from his high school play:)! Kristy

Unknown said...

You can have all your blog information show up on your facebook now. My blog immediately downloads all my new blog articles to my face book profile page.

Stephanie said...

Okay I am feeling old - what is facebook? I am not good with the computer stuff - Picasa and Blogging are the limit to what I know.
The heat! I don't blame you for staying in - when I was pregnant and in the heat my ankles swelled like tree trunks! (Very pretty!)
Stay in and keep the littlest Sturgill cool!

Anonymous said...

K, Danielle, I am laughing so hard right now I can hardly type!!! First, I hadn't been on your blog in quite a while (because I am on Facebook all the time) and love the story about you "shooting" the dog!!! That has to be a classic!!! I totally agree about this heat...it's way to HOT!!! But what's up with a bonfire?!?! CRAZY!!!!! One last thing...facebook is the way to go. I don't have a blog (no kids to post pics of) but LOVE catching up quickly with all my friends on facebook!!! Can't wait to see you again soon!!! Talk with you later...maybe on facebook? ~Rosa

mom2mine said...

I am giggling about Facebook! I love Facebook.

Did you accept me as Michaels friend? I have known him for years... I didn't just want another friend :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Danielle!! Give in to Facebook. Its so easy to communicate with lots of your friends :) You will love it once you get on!

Forever For Evie said...

I agree...it's way too hot! Being pregnant makes it seem about 20 degrees hotter too. And it doesn't look like it's gonna be cooling off any time soon...ugh!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, being pregnant in the summer is terrible! Praise the Lord for the AC!! Our hottest days (I thought) my work decided to cut the AC to work on something or another! Not sure why they couldn't do that in the spring or fall.. oh well! I couldn't drink enough water and the make the run..sprint.. to the bathroom, which is never close by!
Nice call on not telling the kids, that would have been hard! Having to tell them they can't go outside in the summer is terrible! The winter, they can see why, but summer, all they see is sun :)

Facebook, I'm on the fence with, but do have fun with it! True, it's hard to keep up with one, let a lone 2, but nice thing, can still post the pictures/videos with the same program so only have to do that once! Can you imagine what our kids will be doing when they are getting into "technology".. we'll be saying what and how did you do that to them and they'll just laugh at us!! :)

I hope it will cool down for you! When are you due again! I'm convinced the temp dropped after we had Samantha, the Lord saying, now I can cool you down, had to show her it's warmer outside then inside!

Sarah said...

OK, I have to join the debate....I just can't resist. :-) I have a Facebook account, but only because everyone in creation kept asking me to be their friend--as Aaron said, I guess I should feel popular but I just feel slightly annoyed with how many people are my "friends" but I don't really keep up with most of them. I find Facebook hard to use--Blogger is much more personable and easy to read. Keep it up, Danielle--I promise that I will always read your blog, even when everyone else is over at Facebook. :-)
And stay cool, little mama! I wish I could see you.

Anonymous said...

I think face book and blogging are great for different reasons. To me they are apples and oranges. Love 'em both