Friday, August 17, 2007

Happy Birthday (late,) Honey!



Yesterday was Michael's birthday, but our internet was down so I couldn't post any pictures. I took all four kids shopping in the morning to buy presents, decorations, and a cake. I have to say that it was probably the worst trip to Wal-mart that I have ever had :) Mackenzie was the only one that behaved...I think she knew that she better or I was going to blow up! Anyways, we got home to decorate the house and I realized that the kids had taken off with my tape and the only tape that I had left was double-stick tape. Imagine hanging streamers with double-stick tape -- not good! Needless to say, the decorations were quite limited yesterday :) After Michael got home from work, some girls from the volleyball team came over to run and have dinner with us. They stayed to "party" with us and have some cake and ice cream. I think the kids enjoyed Michael's birthday more than he did...welcome to parenthood :) On the sentimental side, I am SO thankful for the 34 wonderful years that God has given Michael. He is such an awesome daddy, husband, and friend. I love you, babe!

5 comments:

sara said...

Happy Birthday Michael!

I laughed when I heard about the tape...my kids always steal the tape, kleenex boxes (with the kleenex in it), and whatever else they can stash in their rooms.

You are a good wife to put up streamers!!!

The Beard Bunch said...

Yes, it seems like birthdays and Christmas and most any other holiday is more work than fun sometimes, when you are a parent :) I hope Michael had a good one, anyway! How much weeks do you have left, Danielle??????

Jill said...

Happy birthday to Michael! I've had those kind of trips to the store before (with only three kids though), and I can sympathize. But it sounds like the party turned out nicely! I hope Mackenzie feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to a great brother. Can I post date this comment so it looks like I wrote it on the right day? I read a really great and meaningful card at the store for you. If you want to go to Walmart, you can read it too. Love you all.

2Icecubed said...

Happy birthday, Mike! Hope your day was great. I can just imagine your WalMart trip because I have had nightmare trips myself. I am sure we ALL have! I am impressed you even attempted it! Must have had no other choice, right!?!?!?!:)