Friday, August 17, 2007
Kenz is sick!!!
Mackenzie has been VERY sick today. She complained of a headache this morning, but around 10:00 she started throwing up and hasn't stopped since. I feel SO horrible for her...there is nothing like the dry heaves. The phone nurse suggested a tsp. of water at a time, but even that litle bit causes chaos in her stomach. She pretty much sits up to throw up and then goes right back to sleep. I don't think that I have ever had one of my kids this sick before. The worst part is that she just wants me to sit and hold her, but that isn't even possible with three other kiddos in the house. I feel so torn! Now that the other kids are asleep, I could sit and hold her, but she is sound asleep on the couch. :) Please pray for her if you think of it -- thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really hope by the time you get this Kenzie is feeling better! But two things I'll tell you - popsicle ( I spelled that wrong) - the long kind in the see through sleeve (you can get a big box of them for really cheap and leave them in the freezer forever) - works really well instead of water. If the kids can eat a bit of one (I break them in half) to help with dehydration...plus, when they keep those down, I know I can try actual liquid.
The other thing is that you can get a suppository that helps with nausea. Sometimes Peds don't love to give them but I've used them with Elijah and been glad to have them.
I WILL be praying for you and hope none of the others get it!
Hope Kenz is feeling better today. It stinks being sick anytime but especially summertime!!! Luke has a weird fever virus for the past two days. So we are home from church this morning. He slept until almost 10:30!! I am sure making up for his terrible night last night! Give her a kiss for me!
Post a Comment