Sunday, August 26, 2007

Camping with Friends


This weekend we went camping with 7 other families from our church - Brooks, Jumps, Fosters, Boases, Pattersons, Waites, and the Spears. This is the third year that we have done this and we always have a blast. I guess anything you do with 17 kids is a blast!!! With me being so far along in pregnancy, we decided to get an air conditioned cabin this year instead of tenting it. It was definitely a blessing to have a little more room and to be dry during the horrendous rain storm Friday night. The kids are always so busy with their friends that it is hard to catch them and snatch a picture...I don't think I even got one of Bryant! The hightlight for us is always the time spent singing around the campfire. William Spear gave our challenge this morning during our little church service. He challenged us about Abraham's love for God and his willingness to sacrifice his son, Isaac. What an awesome example of how our love for God should far exceed our human love for one another. The kids always hate it when we have to pack up and come home, but I guess that is a good sign that they had a lot of fun.

11 comments:

2Icecubed said...

Always a great time camping with friends!! I love the picture of Hannah and Mackenzie~so cute!!! Good call on the cabin this year! Love you!

Jill said...

That sounds like so much fun! That's great to have a tradition like that. I also loved the picture of Hannah and Mackenzie - so cute! Glad to hear you didn't have to endure a tent!!

The Beard Bunch said...

I love the pictures! What fun to have that tradition. You must be doing pretty good, Danielle, to be able to go "camping" this far into your pregnancy. Madyson is getting to be a big girl :)

Ann-Marie said...

Wow, it looks like you had fun camping. I guess some people just know how to do it right! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

jsbtucker said...

Looks like it was fun! We are headed camping this weekend with 37 other people from our church!!! Of course, we never do the tent thing - I'm a city girl - I have an air-conditioned pop-up!!! :-)

Forever For Evie said...

That looks like tons of fun! Uh, yeah, I definitely would've been in the air conditioned cabin too :)

Anonymous said...

Nice call on the cabin! Glad you had a great time!

Jody said...

Camping is the bomb!!!!!I love to camp. Give me a tent and a bag of marshmellows and I'm good to go..Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to camp..Did you hear I am a grandma now!!!!! I just love it. Take care, Jody

SturgillMom said...

Jody!!! You aren't old enough to be a grandma :)

For all of you thinking that I am doing great because I went camping....well, I failed to post that I was crabby most of the time. I'm sure that Michael didn't realize beforehand that he was taking FIVE kids camping instead of a mom and four kiddos.

Stephanie said...

Looks like so much fun! These are great memories for your kids to have.

Kelly said...

Sounds like so much fun camping with all those friends. I was waiting to see a picture of you! :) I am proud of you that you even attempted such a feat at this stage in your pregnancy.