Monday, January 21, 2008

Finally a thumb sucker!


I have always wanted a thumb sucker, even though everyone says that I shouldn't :) Makayla has finally figured out how to pop that thumb out and stick it in her mouth. I am SO excited! GERMS, here we come :)

12 comments:

Juliet said...

When I would be holding Maykala, that little thumb got so close to her mouth that I thought it just might be just a short time before it found its' way into her mouth. I see from you picture, that that moment has arrived! Miss holding her. Love AJ

2Icecubed said...

YEAAAAH! We will be naive (sp?) moms together. We finally got thumb suckers on our last babies! They make such content little things! So we may have to break the habit when they go to kindergarten!!=) What a dollie! Miss holding her too!
PS. Emilee hasn't been any sicker than the boys because of it either, so forget the germ thing!

sara said...

I have loved my thumb suckers- so content! :)

2Icecubed said...

One more thing...I noticed she is sucking her right thumb. Emilee sucks her left thumb and seems to be right handed. Maybe Mike finally got a lefty!!=) No fair!!!

Forever For Evie said...

Oh my goodness girl...Laney started sucking her finger around 18 months and I'm still trying to get her to stop. I know what you mean though...at 2 in the morning, anything works as long as their quiet. :) I wish Isaac would at least take a binky. He refuses anything but the "real" stuff. :D

Jill said...

Thumb suckers are the best babies! Chloe is one, but she only sucks it when she has her "blankie". So hopefully breaking her of it will only be as hard as taking away the blanket, which I'm not rushing into!

Kelly said...

That is so cute! Isaac still sucks his right thumb and holds a pencil with his right hand so I am not sure Michelle's theory works. :)

Anonymous said...

How cute!!!!!!!!!I am soooo excited, now we have TWO. At Christmas time she was sucking fingers,fist,anything close. We need a lefty, our only hope out of 9 grand children, maybe she is the one.
Can't wait to see all of you,
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

She looks so peaceful! Soggy thumbs are great substitutes for lost pacifiers!

Bob Patterson said...

Yeah!!! Hayden was so good at sleeping after finding his thumb!! She looks so cute with that thumb in her mouth!

Ann-Marie said...

Cute photo, Danielle! Babies have been sucking their thumbs since..forever..I think it's cute!

Schoonover Family said...

That is very cute!