Monday, June 23, 2008

On the Road Again.....




Before we left the hotel in Lexington, KY, Michael had me and the kids convinced to do the drive to Anderson all in one day. We sold their battery operated car before we left Kansas City, so Michael promised them that if they were willing to skip another night of swimming in the hotel he would buy them another vehicle when we arrived in Anderson. So, to make a LONG drive sound short....I demanded to be the first driver :) It is much easier being the driver than the entertainer! So, I drove to Knoxville, TN and just kept on driving. Michael thought it was best if he took over the driving once we got into the mountains -- I don't know why?!?!? We arrived in Anderson at about 5:30 and we were all VERY glad to get out of that van.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! It took lots of faith..qnd courage... to make this fantastic move. Many wonderful adventures are in store for you...as tho you've not had plenty already! May the Lord bless you and keep and give you strength to continue your blog which I have immensely enjoyed this morning back at Juliet's after some time with Louise and Bruce Berg in Brodhead and with Jan and Darryl in Wisc. (see Juliet's blog).
I'm going to Montana in July for 2 weeks to Alex and Amanda's. Amanda is expecting their 3rd child for November. I liked your comment about 'not needing the fluff!' It's a new feeling to be stripped of the extras! Have you read Jan's book on "Now we have coffee!' written by the daughter of a Norwegian settler. You have to! But I have it for the moment. Ask her to send it to you !

Love Aunt LINDA