The kids played different games before VBS to earn some "bucks"
Mackenzie and one of her new friends
Bryant watching the magic tricks
The kids spent their bucks in the Country Store each night after VBS. Bryant, of course saved his bucks and had $72 to spend tonight. This was one of his purchases along with a bunch of candy and some toys for Madyson and Bryce. This wonderful gun is a Burp Blaster...everytime you shoot a dart, it makes a burp sound -- just what I need more of in this house!! Mackenzie had $27 and bought some candy and girly stuff :)
Funny story....I have to say that I never saw GOATS at VBS in Kansas City!!! Well, tonight, a worker brought his goats and left them in one of the playgrounds during VBS. Well, they got loose and were running all over the place. I called Michael to have him bring Bryce, Madyson, and Makayla up to see the goats. He started laughing and said, "WE are the reason that the goats are running loose!" I guess he had taken the kids up to play at the playground and the goats followed them out and across the parking lot....I can just picture Michael walking with the three kids and the goats following close behind. The goats on the loose caused quite a stir and little did I know that my husband was behind it all!
5 comments:
It is CERTAINLY a good thing you didn't take the whole "clan" with you when you interviewed for the position. Little did the Pastor know what he was getting into when he brought you guys on staff. You are certainly making quite an impression on them in the first week you have been there. Hopefully things improve as time goes on. But I do think you are going to be the cause of some on going humor down there. Love ya, Dad
I must agree with your dad, Danielle! I had to laugh at all the craziness in just the first week of your arrival. I am glad that you are all laughing, too :) I am NOT going to tell Wes and Drew about the burp gun; they would think that was the coolest thing.
Thanks for all the photos...glad that you arrived in S.C. safely.
What a great time to arrive for the kids to make new friends.
Keep an eye on Michael...you just never know what might happen with him around...:0. Love Aunt Juliet
You never had goats at your VBS? Where are you from, anyway? :-) It's not really VBS unless there are some goats!
I don't think I have ever seen goats at a VBS either even when we lived in VA. That is so funny! I am so glad that the kids met some friends. I knew they would do well once you got there. Did Bryce do any better?
Love ya and miss you!
Post a Comment