That was the big question....will it all fit??? I have to say that my husband is THE MAN once again :) He is a master packer! He had that UHaul packed so tight from top to bottom -- nothing could possibly move around. Michael started packing the truck on Thursday night and then had some friends come over on Friday morning to help him with the big stuff. We put all of the last minute stuff and odds and ends in on Saturday and the door BARELY closed....we only have to leave a few things behind, so we are very relieved. Michael and a dear friend left this morning at 4:30 to make the big trip to South Carolina. I talked to Michael around 4:30 pm and I asked him if he and Steve were still friends after spending that much time in a UHaul ha ha He said that they have solved all of the worlds problems. :) He called around 8:00 tonight to let me know that they arrived safely. They are plannning to unload the truck tomorrow morning and fly back here tomorrow evening. I almost forgot.....HUGE answer to prayer....we have a contract on our house!!!! We are hesitant to say that it is sold because something can always happen between now and closing day on July 8th. BUT, everything looks good so far. God has been so good to us. As of right now, we are still planning to live in the Prophet's Chamber until Christmas (hopefully) so we can save money for a downpayment on a house.
How many guys does it take to tear down a toddler bed???
My couch was a pill to fit through the door :)
Almost full....just a little left
This morning before they left at 4:30. It is too dark to see the trailer pulling Michael's Explorer behind. Thankfully, the Explorer arrived safely in South Carolina as well :)
9 comments:
I still can't believe you guys are moving!!! Now I will really never see you again..... :-(
I am glad everything fit! It was very close for us, and we even left behind our junky couches, a huge desk, a bookcase, and our Little Tikes play structure (that one was by accident though--whoops!)
Thank God for good packing husbands! Where are you all sleeping the next couple of nights?????? I will be praying for you this next week. Love ya all!
Yea!!! Great job, packing - it's amazing what all will fit in those trucks. We'll be praying for you, too...and the family!
Hugs from here!
Sarah, I guess I should have clarified what "everything fit" meant....we actually had a garage sale a few weeks back and sold all of our downstairs furniture, frig, wash & dryer, tons of toys, etc. So, we fit the necessities :)
Michelle, we have been sleeping on the floor in the empty house :) Bryant said yesterday, "I just want a couch to sit on!"
So glad that everything fit and they got it all there safely. I think we should have had a garage sale before we left, but I guess winter ones don't go over too well!:)
You sound so at ease with all this craziness and no furniture for several days. I hope that you guys have a wonderful relaxing trip this week and enjoy some much needed family time. Well, then again those hotel rooms probably do seem small and not relaxing when you are traveling with five kids!! :)
It kinda made me sad seeing that Uhaul!!! I remember leaving KC thinking we couldn't have fit one more thing in our truck!!! When the door went down we all breathed a sigh of relief! We absolutely cannot wait to see all of you....we are ready for the craziness!:) See you in 2 days!!!!:)
At first I just wanted to say: Boo Hoo...I'm going to miss you living in Missouri. And I don't even live there.
So happy to hear that the trip went okay. And pray that eveything will go well with the selling of your home.
Enjoy your time with your sister's family.
I'm so excited to hear that you have a contract on your house! I'll pray that things go smoothly with the sale. That is so nostalgic to see the truck all packed up. It brings back all the feelings I had when we moved from MN. Can't wait to keep up with all your new adventures! Love you!
What a blessing about your house!! I will continue to pray that everything goes smoothly. We just moved a few weeks ago. Alex was already here in chicago and so I was in charge of the move. When I went to pcik up the UHaul with my uncle I realized I had ordered the wrong size truck!!!! What a day that was!
Post a Comment