Sunday, December 03, 2006

Mackenzie is finally FIVE!

Mackenzie was SO excited for her birthday. Her actual birthday was on Tues., but we didn't have her party until Saturday...she was a little confused about which day was her birthday. On Tues., we went to her favorite - Pizza Street and then came home and opened her presents. Michael's Alg. II class was coming over for a study night, so we just decided to include them in the celebration with cupcakes and ice cream. Mackenzie was delighted because the love of her life (other than daddy), Mark, was coming! She was too shy to get a picture with him, so I took one of him by himself. On Saturday, we had lots of little girls over to celebrate her big day. The girls started off by "shopping" in our room, Kenz's room, and the boys' room for jewelry, purses, and scarves. We had them get all dressed up and then they went to the kitchen table to glue flowers on a headband. After the craft was finished and they were all decked out, we went to the dining room to eat and open presents. The girls were so cute...a girl party is much calmer than a boy party! We kept the party short and sweet and we had a great time. I can't believe that my little girl is FIVE! Wow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mackenzie! You are brave to have a party with that many little girls! Looks like they had a great time - Mackenzie's face is all aglow! :) Thanks for explaining the picture of the teenage boy- I watched the slide show first and wondered who that boy was that came to her party!!!

Sarah said...

You are such a cool mom, Danielle! I would probably not have the patience for that many 5 yr. olds. :-)
Elise's b-day is tomorrow, and she always has two parties (one with each family--neither on the actual day), so she is also confused about when her birthday actually is. :-)
Tell Mackenzie happy birthday from us!

Anonymous said...

Mackenzie! Happy Birthday! 5 is such a big number! You looked like such a princess in your pictures - I hope 5 is a fun year for you - stay sweet and keep on helping your mommy out!

2Icecubed said...

Happy birthday, Mackenzie! It looks like you had a very fun party. I think I would have like to have been there!!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Love you!