Friday, December 29, 2006
Christmas Chaos
We had such a fun and crazy time this past week celebrating Christmas. We started off on Wednesday, the 20th, going to Nana and Papa Anderson's house. The trip with four kids is always an adventure, but regardless of the noise and commotion inside the van...we are still moving down the road. Yes, G-knee, I did use the drugs, but they had the reverse effect on Bryce...not good! :) We got to enjoy going to the Mall of America, bowling, making Gingerbread houses, and a surprise visit from Santa, I mean Papa. Scott and Michelle came late Friday night and we sure enjoyed spending time with them and their kiddos. We left Sunday night and drove to Papa and Grandma Sturgills to celebrate Christmas with them and Aaron's family. It was so fun to finally meet their twins, Dakota and Ryan. Kisses and snot everywhere...oh what fun! We enjoyed shopping, swimming, and playing games while we were there. We were so sad to leave and come back to reality, but our trip home was very uneventful - that is good! The kids fell asleep and slept most of the way home while Michael and I played a card game to keep ourselves awake until we got home at 3:00 am. The kids always enjoy the presents, and it is always a struggle to keep things in perspective for them. Unloading the van is always fun because they get to see once again what all they got.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hey
Looks like you had a great christmas break! I admire you - traveling to both parents house with the kids. I loved seeing the pictures of Aaron's kids too!
Hope you have a great New Year!
Steph
Danielle, I loved looking at all the pictures. So much fun in such a short time! Miss you already.
Hugs, Michelle
Merry Christmas! I loved your Dad in the Santa outfit. Sounds like you guys packed in alot of fun! I enjoyed seeing your pics - maybe next year we can overlap our trips to MN and see each other!
Hey Danielle- I enjoyed your Christmas pics- lots of fun!! I am inspired to take the family bowling and make gingerbread houses!
WAIT!!??!? You were in WTTN on Christmas Eve?? DIdn't you go to the eve service? We could have met up...oh well, next time. - LOVE YA!! G
Oh G-knee, that would have been awesome! Actually, we were travelling to WTTN on Christmas Eve. We didn't get there until 12:30 am. I would LOVE to meet up with you :)
Well, that really stinks, b/c I was in town until Wednesday. Next time, Chickie! I'm jealous that you went to MN. I miss the Promised Land.....
Danielle, I am also jealous that I did not get to see you while you were in WTTN, but I figured it could not happen. Those short trips are too hard....Next time though, you had better call me! :-)
Your pictures are so cute--you catch the kids in classic poses. I love the one of Bryce bowling....adorable! I can't get Josh to take us bowling (he is afraid I will beat him). :-)
Glad you were able to spend Christmas with both families.
Post a Comment