Saturday, March 17, 2007

Recognize anyone?


Our school hosted the regional Fine Arts competition this past weekend and several students, sponsors, and parents came down from Woodcrest. Mr. and Mrs. Cournoyer, Brittany, and Brett came with the students. Kathy and I were hoping to squeeze in some time together while they were here. On Thursday night, they all went to supper and when they were finished, Mr. Isaacs dropped Kathy, Brittany, and Brett off at our house for about a hour and a half. It was so fun to just chat and catch up a little. I have to say, Brittany and Brett are GREAT kids! Brittany is in ninth grade and she came right in and started playing with our younger three and they loved it. Brett is in fifth grade and is such a sweet boy. Bryant was thrilled because Brett loves soccer and basketball. They are definitely kids that I would love to have my kiddos grow up to be like. I just had to take a picture so all of my Woodcrustie friends could see them...BTW - Kathy is not that much shorter than Brittany, she was standing on a lower step :)

5 comments:

Missouri Moores said...

It's fun to look four or five years down the road and wonder what our children will be like. It is so neat to have friends and family with older children that can be an example to our kids.

Jill said...

That's so great that you got to see Kathy and the kids! Sounds like they are great kids - what else would you expect from a Cournoyer? :)

Kelly said...

I loved seeing the picture of Kathy and her kids but it made me jealous that you got to spend time with her. :) lol
I am glad you said that Brittany was standing on the step higher because the first thing I thought was how tall she had gotten. They are wonderful kids but then again they have great parents. Weren't we so blessed to have him for a teacher and her as a cheerleading coach? I hate to admit that we were cheerleader but it was fun!

I sure miss you and am looking forward to maybe seeing you in June. That sounds like such a long time away but it is better than nothing.

2Icecubed said...

I am glad it worked out for you to get together. They do have sweet children. They look like a miniature Kathy and a miniature Bruce! That was pretty funny the way the picture looked. Brittany did look like a foot taller than her mom!:)

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture...I was trying to figure out Kathy's height. Man, I'm the old one now...I remember when Brittany was born and Kathy was all, "I'll NEVER do that again." Ha!

Kelly, don't be ashamed of cheering...we had a blast...and we were cute.