Friday, April 27, 2007

Getting big FAST!


Look now, because this is the last picture that you are going to see posted of me prego! I know that most of you are probably not surprised that we are expecting baby #5. What does surprise me (and scare me) is how fast I've gotten big since this is my 7th pregnancy. I made my Dr. promise me that there is only ONE baby in there. She said that she couldn't promise anything, but she is pretty sure there is only one -- whew! The baby is 16 weeks now and I am not sure if I have felt any little kicks yet. Once you know what it feels like, you can imagine it even when you aren't pregnant :) We have decided not to find out if it is a boy or girl this time since it will most likely be our last baby. We found out with both of the girls and we were surprised with both of the boys...so, does that mean that this is going to be a boy?!? I am feeling somewhat back to normal now -- as normal as you can be when pregnant! I was more nauseous with this one than the others and definitely more tired. The tiredness was probably because Madyson was going through a VERY rough sleeping stage at night. I truly felt delirious with sleep deprivation...but, all is better now :) I have to say that I feel so humbled that God is giving us another baby to rear for Him. I have so many friends that desperately want a baby right now and I am humbled that God has chosen to give us one at this time. It is so evident that God is doing a mighty work in the lives of several of my friends who have recently lost a baby or who are patiently waiting for their first baby. Having miscarried two babies myself, I know that those were the times of some of the greatest spiritual growth for Michael and me. I am so thankful that I can rest in the Lord and confidently know that He has a perfect plan for each of us.

12 comments:

mitchells2000 said...

Danielle - you are SO cute! I love your haircut. I am one of those patiently waiting for our first baby, but trusting God's perfect plan. We have come to the decision that either God will give us our own baby in His time, or we won't have kids at all. It's taken me a long time, but I can honestly say that I am at peace either way. Now, God may change our minds about adoption at any time, but that's where we're at right now...
Congrats on this baby, too... God has a perfect plan for EVERY couple... all in HIS TIME!

2Icecubed said...

What a cutie!! You have the pregnancy glow! Did you get your hair cut since I saw you? It looks great!!

sara said...

You are so CUTE!!!! LOVE the hair, love the glasses, love the baby belly!

Stephanie said...

I had no idea you were expecting! CONGRATS!!! I am so humbled by those of you with big families. I love the concept of big families and have to say that I am a little disappointed in myself for not being someone who has done that...but at the same time, I have to admit that I don't feel like the grace is there for another one yet...maybe when Isaiah is a bit bigger.
BUT I am thrilled to see you adding another - your children are beautiful and I know you are an awesome mom! I hope someday our paths cross and we can see each other's families in person.
You look GREAT!! I'm glad you are feeling better - those first few months are rough, aren't they? :)

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you and Mike! Can't wait to see if it is a boy or a girl...I'm guessing that it is a girl! We'll see if I'm right. I'm so glad that you are feeling better!!!

Kelly said...

YOu look adorable as usual!! Since I can't be there, I don't think that it is fair to not show some pictures as the pregnancy progresses :)
Adam and I are both happy for you guys are are praying for a healthy baby. Thanks for the encouraging words that are so true. God does use difficult times to help us grow. Love ya girl!

2Icecubed said...

I agree with Kelly. Those of us who live far away (which is most of us readers!) want to see you grow!!:)

SturgillMom said...

Oh, you'll see me grow...I'm sure my big bad attitude will get bigger and badder and that will come through in my posting :)

laura g - you are the only one who can actually see me regularly, so you better keep quiet about my size or I will have to think of some sort of blackmail :) Are you guessing "girl" because you have been analyzing my growing backside?!?!

Jill said...

Oh, Danielle you look so good! Yes, please, keep posting prego pics. All of us friends from afar need to be kept up to date! :) BTW, my vote is boy!

Anonymous said...

Danielle - YOU LOOK HOT! What a great advertisement for Baby mag. I miss you - when are you coming to visit Jill???? I want to go up and see you. Congrats on #5. I can say a BIG amen to what you said about God being in control! He is sovereign!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on baby #5! How exciting for you and your family! May our Lord truly bless you and watch over this precious little one!! Children truly are a blessing and a miracle from the Lord!

Unknown said...

Hey!!!! 5 huh? We Joneses can't keep up with the Sturgill's. We are just expecting #4. :D What is your email? We loved spending some time with you guys at the missions conference. Keep in touch.
mjones@baptistworldmission.org