Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Easter!


We started our Easter celebration with dunking eggs on Saturday morning (7:15am!) before Madyson woke up. The kids had so much fun and they actually did a great job -- even Bryce! Madyson had another one of her high fevers starting on Thursday and it developed into some kind of stomach bug which she so willingly passed on to Bryce, Bryant and me. Bryce seemed to be doing better, so he was able to go to Sunday morning church with Kenz and Michael. It definitely didn't seem like Easter morning with three of us staying home, but I have to admit that I really enjoyed my time with Bryant. Our time together seems so limited these days with school and other much more exciting things than MOM! The rest of us were doing better Sunday afternoon, so we were all able to go to church last night. Thanks to Nana, the kids were all cute in their new Easter outfits and I think they felt pretty special. We decided to skip Easter baskets this year because the kids were so obsessed with CANDY. Several days ago, we asked Mackenzie what Easter was about and she said, "LOTS of candy!" Well, that decided it. We don't want our kids to dwell on the traditions part of the holiday without truly understanding and appreciating what Christ did for us and what the holiday really means. So, for this year at least, we decided to skip baskets. I have to admit that I felt bad about them not getting baskets from us, but they actually didn't even ask about baskets or seem to have missed them at all. Happy Easter to all!

9 comments:

Ruthy said...

Your family is SO beautiful, Danielle! I'm having a great time keeping up on the exciting "Sturgill Stories!" Have a terrific week.=0)

Juliet said...

Hi Danielle and Michael
Thanks for the many pictures. Enjoyed your Easter ones. Beautiful dresses on the girls.
Love Aunt Juliet

2Icecubed said...

The kids look absolutely adorable!! I LOVE the girls dresses. So glad you were all well enough to make it to at least one service yesterday. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Love you all!

Stephanie said...

Hey
I looked forward to taking the Easter tour on everyone's blogs. So sorry you had some sickness but glad to see you were better by last night. I hope your other two avoid it! I also liked the picture of your littlest in the middle of cereal - I can totally relate to that picture.

Dora said...

cute pictures.. kids look great!

Jill said...

I like what you said about the kids thinking that Easter was about candy. I think we might go candy-free next year too. Your kids looked adorable in their new duds!

Carla said...

It sounds like we all did the Easter egg coloring :) Hope you all are recovered now; it is the pits being sick, especially on a holiday. The kids Easter outfits were cute! My mom came up with a great alternative to Easter candy; she gave them baskets with Disney Princess bubble bath, toothbrush, toothpaste, and hair stuff. Both girls loved it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, we are now "up and running" with our new high speed internet connection. It is sure much more enjoyable looking at all your pictures, videos, and slide shows now that it doesn't take forever to pull them up. The pictures of the kids in their new outfits was too cute!!! See you tomorrow.

Papa A

Kelly said...

I felt so bad that you guys were sick. I loved the outfits especially the girls dresses!
I keep thinking about you all on your weekend getaway. I am sooo glad that you are getting this time together. You deserved a break and some fun too:)
Love you and miss you!!!