
Yesterday, I came upon Bryant sitting on the steps reading his Bible -- what a joy! I had to quick grab the camera before he saw me, so I could capture this precious moment. It is so fun to see your kids excited about reading, and especially when they get excited about reading God's Word.
Well, I love blogging and I love scrapbooking. BUT -- I committed the most horrible crime in the world of scrapbooking and blogging.....I didn't take even one picture on my weekend away with Michael. A couple people said that they have been waiting for pictures. Well, keep waiting! :) We brought the camera with us, but it never left the truck. I am so sad now that I didn't capture any of our precious memories, but it is always such a hassle to be the photographer. I decided that I was truly going to be on vacation and not even stress about carrying the camera. For the first time in seven years, I was bag free -- no diapers, wipes, bibs, cups, etc. I didn't even want a camera on my shoulder!
Michael and I will have been married for ten years this summer, so we decided that we needed a little getaway. This was the first time since we had Bryant (7 years) that the two of us got away overnight without the kids. At first, we wanted to go on a big trip, but then I got pregnant! :) Being pregnant, I am limited in the activities I can do, so we decided to make a short little trip to Branson for a long weekend. We had such a fun time together and it was so nice to not have to worry about the kids. My parents volunteered several months back to come and watch the kids for us...I don't think they completely understood what that exactly would entail! But, unless they are lying (?), I think everything went fairly smoothly for them -- well, except for the kids getting the flu!
For all of you Woodcrusties, we did drive by the Waltzing Waters building several times and it hasn't changed in 15 years! Michael and I had a blast just relaxing, eating, walking, and watching people. As always, we have lots of funny stories and memories like Michael locking his keys in the truck and me making a fool of myself at the restrooms because I didn't know if I was a Hen or a Rooster :) Well, I have to say that it was definitely fun to get away, but I did miss the kids tons and it was wonderful to come home and see them again! Thanks Mom and Dad, for doing such a wonderful job with the kids...they had a blast with you -- get some rest!
8 comments:
I was wondering how your trip was but couldn't remember if it was this week or last week. So glad that you guys had a good time. You definitely needed the break!!! Talk to you soon!
What a precious picture!!! I am glad you posted SOMETHING about your trip but I would sure have loved to see pictures instead! I totally get what you mean about not carrying anything~it feels great for a change. You deserved the break. Glad you had a great time!:)
How Fun! I am sure you needed that time of relaxation and togetherness.
That picture is so special. You realize that that is the most important thing that could happen, your kids KNOWING God and wanting to learn about Him.
Hey
That is awesome you got away. We are supposed to try that for our anniversary (end of July).
Sorry about the flu- I'm betting you mean the tummy flu? Sounds like you left at just the right time! LOL
Wonderful pic of Bryant!
I'm glad you mentioned the Waltzing Waters. The minute I read "Branson" I was flooded with memories from our senior trip! That's great you and Michael were able to get away for awhile. It's a different feeling, isn't it? To not have to think about schedules or kid's menus or DVDs for the car ride!!!
Hey Danielle, this picture bought tears to my eyes...what a joy to see Bryant growing in the Lord!! You guys are GREAT parents and the Lord is using you to raise wonderful children!!!
So glad to hear about your trip...sounds like a great time!! I'll call you tomorrow about your hair and scrapbooking!!! ~Rosa
Waltzing Waters...oh my...I recall that show and it was really fun! I'm so glad you got away together!
Loved that picture of your son too...that is precious!
What an encouraging sight as a parent to see your child reading the Bible unprompted! Glad you and Michael were able to get away for a few days; David and I went to Branson last year as chaperones for the senior trip. Boy, did that make me feel old! I didn't reconginze Branson at all; it has changed so much. One of my favorite senior trip memories of Branson was the horrible wax museum made of connecting trailers : )
Post a Comment