Today finally came and it was time for us to go and get a shorter cast for Mackenzie. She was VERY nervous because she knew that they had to use a saw to get the old cast off. The Doctor was running VERY late, so we waited in the lobby for 1 1/2 hours. In the eyes of a five year old, there were a lot of scary looking people in the waiting area. We kept seeing people come in, go back, then go home....while WE were still sitting there. I guess our Doctor was the only one running behind! Anyways, when we finally got into an office, we waited for another 15 minutes for him to see us. We had to share a room with another lady who was getting her cast slit and she didn't hide her anxiety very well. Needless to say, Mackenzie's nervousness only got worse. When he finally came in to cut her cast, she started shaking. A piece of the cast flew into her eye, so we had to flush water in it to get it out. She made sure to tell me that she didn't cry the whole time :) Anyways, she was very relieved to have the cutting done. We asked for a colored cast, but they didn't have any -- can you imagine?!?! When he was putting the ugly white cast on, Mackenzie said that her tummy felt yucky. Before I knew it, she fainted! It didn't take long for her to wake up and she was very ready to get out of there! So now she is eagerly waiting for daddy to come home so she can try to ride her bike...all I have to say, is that it is his turn for the ER if she breaks another arm! hee hee
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
YEAH! for a smaller cast!
Today finally came and it was time for us to go and get a shorter cast for Mackenzie. She was VERY nervous because she knew that they had to use a saw to get the old cast off. The Doctor was running VERY late, so we waited in the lobby for 1 1/2 hours. In the eyes of a five year old, there were a lot of scary looking people in the waiting area. We kept seeing people come in, go back, then go home....while WE were still sitting there. I guess our Doctor was the only one running behind! Anyways, when we finally got into an office, we waited for another 15 minutes for him to see us. We had to share a room with another lady who was getting her cast slit and she didn't hide her anxiety very well. Needless to say, Mackenzie's nervousness only got worse. When he finally came in to cut her cast, she started shaking. A piece of the cast flew into her eye, so we had to flush water in it to get it out. She made sure to tell me that she didn't cry the whole time :) Anyways, she was very relieved to have the cutting done. We asked for a colored cast, but they didn't have any -- can you imagine?!?! When he was putting the ugly white cast on, Mackenzie said that her tummy felt yucky. Before I knew it, she fainted! It didn't take long for her to wake up and she was very ready to get out of there! So now she is eagerly waiting for daddy to come home so she can try to ride her bike...all I have to say, is that it is his turn for the ER if she breaks another arm! hee hee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is quite an ongoing saga with Mackenzie and her arm! What a brave girl to not cry at the doctor's office. Was Mommy that brave? :) How long does she keep this cast on?
OH I am so disappointed for you!!! How can they not have the colors?!? Well she is as cute as a button anyhow!
I cannot believe she fainted...you have had your share of trauma lately!!!!
That is no fair--that it had to be another white one :) Maybe you can color it purple! I am glad that Mackenzie was so strong for so much difficulty.
We miss you guys!
Poor girl to have to endure being scared for SO long. It is so hard (and on mommy too!)
I am glad she got her new cast and will be on the mend soon.
I'm so glad to hear she got her shorter cast...even though the wait was yucky!!! How long will she be in this one? She looks just adorable (and brave)holding up her new cast!!! Danielle, I hope you are doing ok with all of this trauma...you'll for sure need to come in for a haircut just to sit in peace for 45 minutes!!! Call me sometime!!! ~Rosa
Wow! What an ordeal!!!! I'm sorry they did not have colored casts....I'm sure you could decorate her white one really cute :)
That stinks you couldn't get a pretty cast!! I agree...you need to decorate it with polka dots or something!:) I can't believe she fainted. Bless her heart, she has been through it with this whole ordeal (not to mention her mommy!) Enjoy your time away with Mike~I think it is well deserved and overdue!!!! Love you!
I agree with everyone else - poor baby girl having to wait like that and then having all the trama during the cast. But that picture is adorable of her! Let us see how cute the cast turns out!
that is too bad that there were not colored casts...but maybe you could draw rainbows on this one. Good Girl Mackenzie! YOU sure are brave!!
Poor little thing! I can't believe they made you wait so long, and then all for an ugly white cast! Tell Mackenzie we are so proud of her for being brave. Elise was very worried about why she had to have a cast, and wanted to know all about how it happened. I will have to show her the pictures. I am glad Michael is back to help you with all of the trauma.
Post a Comment