Saturday, September 08, 2007

Back to School!






School started here on Tuesday and the kids were SO excited. I've looked forward to that day for the last month, so it surprised me when I started to cry as they pulled out of the driveway. I quickly called my sister to have her remind me of why I was excited to have them in school - it worked! The kids both love their teachers and were very excited to go back on Wednesday. Mackenzie was sad that she didn't have any homework, and Bryant thought that she was crazy! My parents came to visit on Wednesday, so the kids had a rough time leaving for school on Thursday. Bryce enjoyed having Nana and Papa to himself (well, with Madyson, of course!) The picture of Bryce is of him helping my dad wash their new car. It was strange saying good-bye to them this morning because the next time I see them, the baby will be here and our lives will be a little MORE chaotic :) I love you, Mom and Dad...see you soon!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Cute pictures! I also felt a little sad on the first day of school, but I have quickly gotten over that! :) What grades are they in?

2Icecubed said...

The kids look so grown up! Especially Mackenzie...I still think of her as like 3 or 4???? What a dollie! Glad they both like their teachers, otherwise it can be a long year!:) Do you wish they were both home all day long again???:)

Stephanie said...

You guys started alot later than we did. Elijah has been in school for three weeks now. (I think that starting after Labor day is a great idea!) Everybody looks so nice in their school clothes.
I agree with Jill - I am enjoying school right along with Elijah.

SturgillMom said...

Jill, Bryant is in 2nd grade and Mackenzie is in K5

Michelle, NO, NO, and NO!!!!! :)

Ann-Marie said...

Who's that big kid in the back by the van? Oh, wait! I know him! :-) Good to see your kids excited about school, Danielle! We're sending you lots of Rehfeldt love and prayers for that new baby!!!

Anonymous said...

I really can't believe Mackenzie is going to school now...how time is flying by!!! The kids are growing up so fast! Praying for you these last weeks before the next little addition comes!!!! Talk to you soon!! ~Rosa

Kelly said...

Mackenzie looks so excited to start kindergarten and I got such a kick out of her wanting homework! Bryant looks so grown up that it kind of made me sad. Remember when he and Caleb were babies and we were talking about feeding schedules. Where does the time go???

Juliet said...

Thanks again for pictures of them going off to school. Great looking kids..especially the "big kid" as Ann-Marie referred to him. Seriously, your time with the little ones at home..soon you'll be showing us pictures of them going off to school. Love, AJ

Juliet said...

Left a word out..ENJOY your time with the little ones...sorry
Love again AJ