Sunday, August 31, 2008

Midnight Flight


On Friday night, Mike and a friend ran in a 5K race here in Anderson. It was called the Midnight Flight. Of course, we all had to go to cheer him on :) He did a great job and we were all so proud of him. Bryant is already training for the next one. He woke up early this morning so he could run 2 miles with Mike....and he actually made it the whole way :)

Waiting for the race to start



We couldn't find Mike in the sea of runners, but we are SURE that he is in this picture :)


The finish line


I was posed with the camera for several minutes so I wouldn't miss Mike running across the finish line. Well, Madyson and Makayla got into a sucker war and just as I bent down to separate the sticky screamers, Bryant yells, "There goes daddy!" I jumped up and snapped a picture....so I am sure that Mike is in this blurry mess :) The other excitement for the kids was that two runners threw up right in front of us. The workers threw buckets of water on the yuck and we just happened to be standing in the pathway of the watery throwup :) Exciting stuff!


I knew that the kids were going to be up late for the race, so I put them down for a late nap on Friday. I thought they were almost asleep so I went over to the other Prophet's Chamber to take care of Makayla until it was her naptime. When I came back over to put Makayla down for her nap, the picture below is how I found Madyson. I guess she got bored in her bed and decided to try to get the bags and junk off of the coat rack. Do you think the baby sling and K4Truth sash around her neck is a choking hazard? :) That girl sure keeps me hoppin'!

3 comments:

Juliet said...

5K..What a fun night. I was looking for Madyson with the picture of Mike and all the kids. She must have been with you.

Bless Madyson's heart...she really was tired.

Jill said...

So funny about being ready to take Michael's picture, then you get distracted by the kids and miss the picture! That is my life! I love the pic of Madyson - what a cutie!

Sarah said...

Oh my word--that is hilarious! At least she went to sleep. My kids would have been sneaking around the house....she must be content in whatever state she is! :-)