This weekend is Balloon Fest here in Anderson. There have been hundreds of hot air balloons in the sky over the past few days. On Thursday morning, a few balloons actually landed in our church parking lot while practicing for one of the events this weekend. Of course the elementary classes HAD to come out to see the excitement. See, there are some benefits to living on the church property....I got to see the ballons, too. Then on Saturday morning, we got up early and went with some friends to watch the balloons compete in a bean bag toss. They drop these bean bag type things from the air and try to hit a target on the ground. It was pretty neat to watch all the balloons come from different locations all over Anderson.
This was what I saw when I stepped out of our apartment on Thursday morning
The K4 and K5 classes were screaming with excitement
We got to see this one actually land
Bryant's class got to come out and see the balloons
This is Mackenzie's first grade class
Coming in for the toss
5 comments:
Reading this post and the previous one just made me laugh. You guys have had way too much excitement in your life in the past two months. It is good to see Michael and Bryant doing their exercise. The big question is: How are you doing on your???? Ha, Ha :)
Wow! What beautiful hot air balloons. Great for the kids to see them so close.
I love the one on the 5K blog with all the hot air balloons on it. Such great colors.
Well I don't need to tell you guys to stay out of trouble...you're too busy to get into any! LOL
Those balloons are so neat. I don't think I have ever seen so many at once. The kids must have loved that.
Tell Mike congrats on the great job. I don't have the energy to do anything at midnight let alone run a marathon.
Hope you are doing okay. I sure miss you!!!!!
Very cool! I love the apple and worm balloon!
We used to go to a balloon festival in Oregon when I was a teenager. I always loved it....we would get up early and take our breakfast and hot chocolate and watch all of the balloons get blown up.
Glad your kids got to enjoy it!
Post a Comment