Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Finally Home!
Thank you for praying for me! I am finally home from the hospital, so I thought I would give you all a quick update. Michael was a little too busy with our kiddies to update the blog last night :) My surgery went as expected yesterday, actually it was quicker than I thought it was going to be. Both procedures (bladder repair and hysterectomy) only took about 1 1/2 hours. I was in the recovery room for quite awhile for them to get my pain somewhat under control -- it was absolutely horrible to be quite honest! Once they got it under control, the pain was pretty much what I expected. I couldn't get out of bed at all until this morning, so I felt like a new woman when my feet could finally touch the ground. The yuckiest part of all is the icky catheter. They took it out this morning at 5:00 and let me start trying to go about 8:00. I was SO excited when I could potty because I REALLY didn't want to come home with the catheter. Well, my nurse and doctor weren't as excited as I was because I wasn't completely emptying my bladder. We tried every trick in the book and my nurse was quite a trooper....but....I had to bring the catheter home with me until Monday. Yes, that's right - MONDAY!!! I am trying to manage the pain with just Motrin because Makayla is not too happy with any of the narcotic drugs that really work. But, I am truly doing just fine. If it wasn't for this stupid (pardon my language) catheter, I would not be feeling too bad. All in all, I am so glad it is done and the recovery is in process. If you think of it, please pray that I can have the catheter taken out for good on Monday. As for the rest of the family, they are all doing fine. Michael and my dad did a great job holding down the fort and the house was all clean when my mom and I came home. My mom was sweet enough to stay up at the hospital with Makayla and me so I could nurse her every 3 hours. It was so nice to not have to worry about anything while I was away because all my kids were in good hands. God is so good and I am so thankful that it is all done :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hi
I've been out of the loop of blogs for a little bit and only just saw that you had to have this. I know you are super busy with healing and kids but when you get a sec - would you mind emailing me about it? I was wondering what led you and your doctor to go that route.
I am so glad you are home and things are going okay. We will definitely pray for your healing!
Sr7492@sbcglobal.net
Oh my word, Danielle!!!! I will pray for you, you poor thing!! Every time I had a c-section the catheter was the WORST thing about it- in fact I begged them to give me the epidural BEFORE inserting that awful catheter- so I know how awful you feel. I will pray!!
I'll keep praying for you. You just take it easy now! Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Thanks for the update - Rosa has asked every day that I've talked to her - so now I can pass it on!!! We'll be praying as you continue your recovery.
We'll be praying for your speedy recovery, Danielle! And I'll send my mom as a Get Well Soon card! I hope you are feeling better soon. Love and prayers from Illinois!
Tim and I will be praying for quick recovery!! Glad to hear all went well w/ the surgery. Talk to you when we get back!
Danielle, I'm just getting caught up with the everyone's news. I'm glad your surgery went well and will be praying for a speedy recovery! I just can't imagine you with all those little ones trying to rest! Glad Michael and your folks are there to help! I'm praying for you! Love, Kristy
Danielle, I'm so thankful everything went well for you! I'll continue to pray that your cathider will be able to come out on Monday! Take it easy and get a lot of rest, as much as a new mom and mother of 5 can!~Love you!
Post a Comment