Friday, November 23, 2007

I am so blessed!


I feel especially blessed this Thanksgiving...I know I am a day late :) I have tears in my eyes as I sit here thinking of my sweet family. I have to start with my husband. He has always been so precious to me and my absolute best friend. But my love for him has grown so much stronger even in these last several days. He has been EXACTLY what I needed him to be. He has done such a great job helping my mom and taking care of the kids in an above-and-beyond sort of way. I know he must be tired :) And my mom...what can I say....She has been an absolute gem. She has spent many a sleepless night with me in the hospital and at home. She has taken care of all the little (and big) details that are important to me. Above all, she has totally taken over the care of Makayla. I think Makayla thinks she has a new mom :) I can't get that little stinker to smile, but every time my mom comes near, her little face just lights up! I am starting to cry now just thinking about them leaving in two days. And my dad...he has pretty much just gone with the flow. I am sure he will be so happy to have my mom back to himself. I asked my parents to stay an extra day so that we would only have a few hours before our next crew of help arrives. My dad never complained and sweetly made arrangements so they could stay. I am going to miss them more than they will ever know. My kids....wow....they have done such a great job adjusting to me being "down." They have gotten a little stir crazy this Thanksgiving break, but are having a blast with Nana and Papa. Lastly, I am so thankful for my help that is coming. Michael's mom and Aunt Juliet are coming Sunday and will be here all next week. I know their husband's are sacrificing a great deal for them to come here and help us. We have sort of adopted Aunt Juliet as another grandma :) The kids always used to ask us if Grandma is bringing Sadie (their dog) when they come, but now they ask if Grandma is bringing Aunt Juliet. I hope they are getting some extra sleep before they get here.

3 comments:

sara said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Friend! Hope you get that awful catheter removed soon!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for writing. Hope you are feeling better and really glad you have such good help! I'm sure that helps the recovery too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Danielle!
I know you don't know me very well, but this is just another one of Michael's many cousins. I read your blog from time to time and I just wanted to say that I'm glad to see you are recovering well from your surgeries. I know all too well about those dang blasted catheters-I've had three c-sections! I'd rather have a root canal done! By the way, how is the transition to five kids going for you? I'm about to have #5 in four weeks and I was just curious how it's going for you. God bless you guys as you care for this new little baby and your four other children!

Deb Paul
Carol's (Jan's sister) daughter