We have tried several times to get Madyson to sleep with Mackenzie in her bunk bed, but Madyson always cries and points to her crib. I thought that maybe she was scared of the bunk bed, so we decided to buy a little toddler bed and completely remove her crib as an option. Tonight, Michael took Madyson to Wal-Mart and got her a Dora bed (I think Bryce is a little jealous because he LOVES Dora!) He put the bed together - with all of the kids helping...you can just about imagine how fun that was :) We put the crib in the garage for awhile so she wouldn't resent her little sister taking her bed :) Madyson was so excited. We weren't quite sure what she was going to do when it came time to actually go to sleep, but she did awesome. She never cried and didn't even try to get out. We will see what happens in the middle of the night. I am sure that she will give me a run for my money tomorrow during naps when Michael isn't here to "encourage" her to stay in bed.
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Madyson's a big girl
We have tried several times to get Madyson to sleep with Mackenzie in her bunk bed, but Madyson always cries and points to her crib. I thought that maybe she was scared of the bunk bed, so we decided to buy a little toddler bed and completely remove her crib as an option. Tonight, Michael took Madyson to Wal-Mart and got her a Dora bed (I think Bryce is a little jealous because he LOVES Dora!) He put the bed together - with all of the kids helping...you can just about imagine how fun that was :) We put the crib in the garage for awhile so she wouldn't resent her little sister taking her bed :) Madyson was so excited. We weren't quite sure what she was going to do when it came time to actually go to sleep, but she did awesome. She never cried and didn't even try to get out. We will see what happens in the middle of the night. I am sure that she will give me a run for my money tomorrow during naps when Michael isn't here to "encourage" her to stay in bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Way to go, Madyson! Also way to go, Michael and Danielle---that can sometimes be a challenging feat. She looks so big :) Love you all!
Yay for Madyson!!!
Your kids are so cute. It's hard to believe they are growing up SO fast. I secretly covet the Dora bed, too!
Good job Madyson!!! :) Oh my, I'm so scared to put Elijah in one...I know we're gonna have to do it soon. I don't want him resenting Isaac for taking his bed either! :) I hope everything went well for naptime!
Nice idea to remove the crib! We may have to try that too! You have such great ideas! PS My parents saw your dad the other day at Mercy. Hope he's doing better! My dad was rushed there on Thursday night, they thought it was a heart attack, but turned out to be one busy day of commotion, thankfully!
I love the picture of all of them in her new bed. :-) Your kids always look so....close-knit. *Sigh*--my girls would probably have been punching each other or wrestling. :-)
And Bryce kills me--it's great that he loves Dora!!
Madyson's a big girl now, oh, sometimes that's sad. Spencer would be jealous too, he LOVES Dora, but calls her "hola".
Emilee wants Madyson's Dora bed!!! Dora is a hit with Luke and Emmy. Way to go, Maddy, you are such a big girl now. Now Uncle Scott thinks it's time for the big change of beds around here too!:( We have no rush, right?:)
Post a Comment