Monday, November 05, 2007

Is it really November?!?!


Where did October go???? I have had several people email me and ask if I am still alive! Yes, BARELY!!!! No, really, we are doing just fine. The poor people who have called here (Mom, Michelle, Kelly) just to chat have had to endure listening to one stressed out Mama for the first 20 minutes of every call :) SORRY! Anyways, I have to admit, that although Makayla is an awesome baby, adding the fifth kiddo has sure thrown me for a loop. I guess that I always feel a little loopy, but this is a little more extreme....my poor husband! Anyways, I keep telling myself to enjoy these days (and nights!) because I won't ever be doing this again. I feel so privileged to be a mom. Instead of complaining about the busyness, I should be pinching myself that God has blessed us so abundantly. I truly AM blessed!

I'm thinking Makayla's hair looks red in that picture :)

The picture below is Madyson and Bryce enjoying some Oreo balls for breakfast....yes, that is right, BREAKFAST!!! If you have never had these before, you HAVE to make them. All you do is crush up a pack of Oreos (double stuff, mint, or peanut butter) very finely and then stir in a softened package of cream cheese with a fork. Refrigerate for a little while and then make 1 inch little balls. Refrigerate again and melt a pack of Almond Bark. Dunk the balls in the almond bark and let set up in the frig. They are wonderful! While I was making these on Friday for a friend's shower, Bryce said, "I weally wike these meatballs!"



OK, let me explain Madyson's jammies! We really aren't needing money that bad that we would make our kids wear clothes with holes :) Madyson HAS to rub her bellybutton when she falls asleep at night and zip up jammies just don't allow for that. Sleep is a little too important for us these days to zip her up and actually work on stopping this horrible habit, so we just cut a hole where her bellybutton is :)

11 comments:

2Icecubed said...

OK, I seriously cannot STAND that I won't be able to get my hands on that little one until CHRISTMAS!:( That is awful!!! She is really chubbing up~mommy's good milk always does the job! And Madyson....I want some of your hair for Emilee! Really....it has grown sooooo much...love the hole in the jammies, Maddy! I miss you all so much. Hugs and Kisses from Aunt Michelle

sara said...

Hi Danielle! You are amazing!!! Just the fact that you can make oreo balls and keep track of 5 kids!!! I am sure you are having some crazy days, not to mention the laundry!!!

She sure is a cute baby, and I love that meatball remark from Bryce!!

Juliet said...

Well if all goes well, I plan to come down with Jan to help with the kids. Great know I know what we can fed the kids for breaksfast!!!:.) Still want me to come?
Love AJ

The Beard Bunch said...

Ok, it is good to see that you have checked back in. Life sounds crazy, and it always is for at least the first six weeks.....so, oreo balls for breakfast, holes in pajamas, whatever....none of that is important, right!??? They are well loved and they all look great!!! Hugs and kisses from CA.

Sarah said...

Danielle, you are doing great! I am much crazier than you, and I only have 3. :-) And at least your kids are wearing pjs to bed.....sometimes it is a struggle in our house!
Hey, we might be down to KC TWICE this summer if all goes well. I will come babysit our 8 children and you can go out for a pedicure, kay? :-)

Anonymous said...

DANIELLE;
WHAT CAN I SAY!!!!!I LOVE THE PICTURES, MAKAYLA HAS REALLY FILLED OUT. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER AND THE REST. I THINK I WAS TALKING TO YOU DURING THE WHOLE OREO ORDEAL. HA!HA! TAKE CARE AND SEE YA SOON....
LOVE YA,
MOM

Ann-Marie said...

I've decided to have Oreo balls for breakfast, too, Danielle. That way, I can practice for when we have kids! Good to see you're blogging again!

Linda said...

I've missed you, Danielle! So glad to read about you guys again and see the pictures. Makayla is beautiful (as her siblings are)! She looks like she is a babydoll on Madyson's lap (I love those cheeks!) You are my HERO--being a mom of five and EVER having time to blog or fix meals (not to mention making something for a friend's shower). We love you and are praying for you!

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad to see someone else feed the children the way I have. Last night, Nana came over and made cookies - so this morning, Isaiah wanted one...yup, he got it!
I love the belly button thing - how sweet is that?

Mommy Scroggie said...

I love the jammies, I "wish" Jayce would become like that - he has to rub/ run his fingers through my hair to fall asleep. I love those oreo balls - I always forget about them though. We need to get together and catch up again. I would love to meet the newest member (sad we live so "close" and I haven't come over) Maybe I could give you a break someday and take Bryce and Madyson to the mall with Jayce so they could run some wiggles out.

Jill said...

Little Makayla is so sweet! Love the belly button thing. I agree with you - I will do anything possible to make sure everyone sleeps at night, so holes in the jammies are not so strange!