Sunday, December 09, 2007

Party on Saturday -- Stay home Sunday????


OK -- I know that sounds horrible. BUT I had to explain why I am home while my family is at church. Last night, for the first time since my surgery, we got a babysitter and went out. Michael and I did some errands because I still needed to find Christmas dresses for the girls. On the way to one of the stores, Michael said, "You are excited to be out, aren't you?" I said, "Ya, why?" He said, "Because you haven't stopped talking since we left!" What's new?!?!? After we shopped (successfully, I might add!) we joined several of our other friends over at one of their houses to decorate Christmas cookies. They have a tradition to get together and all decorate cookies to be judged by the pizza delivery guy when he delivers the pizza. Well, the judging had to be modified slightly because of icy weather, so a neighbor lady came over to do the important job. Guess which cookie won???? MICHAEL'S!!! We all had laughed at his angel that looked like she was wearing a Tri-City basketball jersey, but the neighbor lady said that she was partial to angels :) We finished the night with a White Elephant gift exchange, which is always a bunch of laughs. It was so fun to be out in the "real" world again! BUT...I had no idea how tired I was going to be :) I really didn't do much at the party - I just sat around. But, I guess with the shopping beforehand, I was exhausted when we got home. I passed Makayla off to Michael and then I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30. Michael woke me up and told me to go up to bed and the next thing I remember is waking up at 6:00 to feed Makayla. YES...that is right....she slept NINE hours. That is a new record! I told Michael that he just earned himself a new job of putting Makayla to bed at night :)

The winning cookie!!!

Michael loving on Makayla at the party

DAN -- where did you get all the Bling-Bling?

The winnings!


OH -- I forgot to say why I am home from church :) The kids have a Christmas program at church tonight, so I am saving my energy to go to that. Is that a reasonable excuse???

5 comments:

2Icecubed said...

Sounds like a fun time. I actually think your cookie looks great, Mike!!! The boys want to know what you are holding (your gift) in the picture????? Is it a game? Glad you got out for an evening Danielle, even if you paid for it a little bit!!:)

Sarah said...

Danielle, I am so glad you were able to get out of the house. You deserve a break, lady! :-) Tell Michael he can come and make my cut-out cookies for me.....I am not fond of decorating them. :-)

Juliet said...

So happy that Michael and you were able to do something together. It's always nice to get together with friends.

Love, AJ

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling so good that you can be "out and about"! Sounds like you had a blast!! There are times when you have to save that energy for the big events in the children!!

Ann-Marie said...

What a fun tradition! It totally made me hungry for cookies, though! Michael's cookie does look good...perhaps the neighbor lady was also beguiled by his Rehfeldt charm? We are quite charming, you know! :-) I'm so glad you are feeling better and are up and about! Mom already misses your little ones!