I have to take this opportunity to brag on the awesome husband that God gave me. Michael has always been so selfless with me. He always puts my interests and desires above his and he even acts like he enjoys it :) But, these last several weeks, Michael has gone above and beyond what I could ever ask of him. He is such an awesome daddy and I love watching him with the kids. But, I had to tell you what he did today. Since I can't carry Makayla in her carseat or lift Madyson into hers, Michael and my friends have been taking turns bringing Mackenzie home from her half-day K5. Today, when Michael brought Mackenzie home, he went into our room and came out wearing his "comfy" clothes. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I know you are really tired, so I asked if I could have the afternoon off so I could let you sleep!" OH MY WORD!!! How sweet! I have been absolutely exhausted since my surgery. I have to say that it is a definite plus to have a school administrator whose wife is pregnant with their sixth baby (and probably very tired, too!) And then tonight Bryant had an indoor soccer game. Usually, Michael takes one of the other kids with him, but tonight he took everyone except Makayla. I just don't know what to do with all of this "free time!" I guess this holiday season, I have realized more than ever how truly blessed I am with such a great family.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Time to brag on my husband!
I have to take this opportunity to brag on the awesome husband that God gave me. Michael has always been so selfless with me. He always puts my interests and desires above his and he even acts like he enjoys it :) But, these last several weeks, Michael has gone above and beyond what I could ever ask of him. He is such an awesome daddy and I love watching him with the kids. But, I had to tell you what he did today. Since I can't carry Makayla in her carseat or lift Madyson into hers, Michael and my friends have been taking turns bringing Mackenzie home from her half-day K5. Today, when Michael brought Mackenzie home, he went into our room and came out wearing his "comfy" clothes. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I know you are really tired, so I asked if I could have the afternoon off so I could let you sleep!" OH MY WORD!!! How sweet! I have been absolutely exhausted since my surgery. I have to say that it is a definite plus to have a school administrator whose wife is pregnant with their sixth baby (and probably very tired, too!) And then tonight Bryant had an indoor soccer game. Usually, Michael takes one of the other kids with him, but tonight he took everyone except Makayla. I just don't know what to do with all of this "free time!" I guess this holiday season, I have realized more than ever how truly blessed I am with such a great family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
AMEN!!! We are so blessed!! I absolutely love that picture of you two together!:)
I'm SO glad Michael is a good husband! He's really modeling that Christ and the Church picture in marriage!
That is awesome that Michael is so thoughtful! Isn't it great to have Christian husbands that love us so sacrificially? My hubby has been wonderful, too! Hope you get to feeling better soon, and HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS! I love that pic, too!
Adorable pictures. Make sure he knows you bragged on him and that wives all over America are thinking he is a #1 husband to you!
(Gary never reads my blog so if I brag on him - I have to tell him! :)
Seriously though- that is really sweet that he thought of that.
What a great husband you have and how willing he is to help you out!! I love your new blog look!! What a sweet picture of the 2 of you!
that was great what Michael did. He is really keyed into you and knows how tired you can get. It does my heart good to know that our daughters have husbands that totally are there for their families. We love them both "so" much. Thanks Michael for giving Danielle a much needed break. It is "so" hard be far away at these times but is a comfort that God has given our girls these men. Love you all, mom
This is the best picture of them all !
Keep hugging is my Valentine Motto !
Aunt Linda
Post a Comment