Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Another Ice Storm!




Starting on Friday evening, the rain/ice started to come and it continued off and on until Sunday evening. When we went to leave for church, Michael stepped on the driveway expecting to sink in a little bit. We thought there was a thin layer of snow on top of a little ice, but we were surprised to find that it was all ice. Needless to say, school was cancelled yesterday because people could hardly get out of their driveways. All of the schools around us are cancelled again today, but Michael and Bryant were oh so excited to be the only school in session.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That is horrible that they had to go to school. All the school's around here were already out or were cancelled so I told our principal that we needed a snow day! Pretty lame since we don't go anywhere, right?!

Mommy said...

Do you homeschool Danielle?

SturgillMom said...

No, my husband teaches high school math at the same school where Bryant goes to 1st grade. I don't have the patience to homeschool...I am very thankful for a good Christian school that I can send my kids to.

2Icecubed said...

Ice storms are not fun..only the day off! My kids cringe when they hear ice is coming. It sure makes pretty pictures though!:)